New 3DS Features Second pair of shoulder buttons. Design Ideas?

Seamus9999

Still Fresh
Well Nintendo anounced a new 3DS in Japan it features a second stick (wich  looks like a mini button) and a second pair of shoulder buttons

Picture of the back:

New-Nintendo-3DS-8.jpg

I know this may be of little relevance to the project but it is in the same form factor as the Pyra so i think it's worth a look.

It was also not very popular in the community here so besides the lack of space at the Pyra, people seems to prefer a vertical array.  However, maybe a compromise can be found but Ed must first test other designs. Stuff like that has to be tested onto real prototypes/mockups to see if it works.

According to the Release Date of the New 3DS XL (where i can play New Super Mario Bros 2), maybe i can tell you how the Side by Side Shoulderbuttons work,..  i wants one of these, because the new features sound good. but it wouldnt change anything on the Pyra Design, as the Main PCB is almost Final, so they wouldnd change anything at this point.. 

I can remember, i also played normal games, whit the Circle Pad Pro XL on the 3DSXL, and even whit it, the normal Shoulderbuttons are easely for me to reach..

Back