New Additions To The Prboom Wad Collection

fett42 said:
I added the Doom conversion called Blood to the bottom of the list.

BTW, there was a version of Blood at the WAD Station website that worked. It didn't require ZDoom. Usually if it says that it requires a certain program like ZDoom it won't work on the Wiz. The Wiz uses the program prboom.

You da man! Man these are bringing back some fond memories! I remember getting a lot of these off a local BBS back in the day! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for all these. :)

I couldn't get legodoom.gpe to work, so I opened it up with notepad++ and it contains this:

#!/bin/sh
./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad wad/doom2.wad -file wad/Ldsprts.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

I think there's been a mix up somewhere!

Cheers, Neil

Some more icons for them would be very nice. ;)

Neil L said:
Thanks a lot for all these. :)

I couldn't get legodoom.gpe to work, so I opened it up with notepad++ and it contains this:

#!/bin/sh
./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad wad/doom2.wad -file wad/Ldsprts.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

I think there's been a mix up somewhere!

Cheers, Neil

Some more icons for them would be very nice. ;)

Thanks for catching that Neil. Ldsprts.wad was the original name of the Lego Doom wad before I changed it. I fixed the problem and uploaded it. The link in the first post was changed to reflect the new uploaded version.

Azerty16 said:
What about Hokuto No Doom??

I spent several hours trying to get this one working, half of that was just looking for a link to download it. I ask everyone in the future to give a link to the WAD you want on the Wiz before asking about it. That will make things a lot easier for me, although sometimes I do have to seek out 3 or 4 different downloads before I find one that works on the Wiz. Oh and I had no luck getting this one working.

On a happier note, I uploaded 2 more total conversions for Doom 2. The Darkening and Earth are the two total conversions I uploaded. Have fun with them.

I also just uploaded all of the files you can get from here to openhandhelds. I created a large WAD pack. It is in the addons section for anyone who is interested in getting all of the files in one download.

I added A Fistful of Doom to the list. I found a way to get this one working by installing the fistful wad files into the doom2.wad file. Doom2.wad isn't required to run this conversion of Doom 2.

No problem. I was considering making a large pack of Doom conversions and it was also suggested to me.

Oh and Azerty16, I have had no luck with DoomZ.

Now for the new stuff:

I added Batman Doom (yes, I finally got it working), Half-Life Doom Super Pack, and a link to the IWad patcher if you want to update your official Doom or Doom 2 wad file. If a Doom conversion found here doesn't seem to work right, it might be because of the Doom or Doom 2 wad version you are using. Always backup your original wad before updating it.

I configured a pack of WolfenDOOM and made some icons. This pack contains almost all series except the original Wolfenstein 3D remake, which I could not get to run (how ironic), and the arctic wolf pack (which I just couldn't be bothered to configure). You can get the pack from here:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,56,356

Just place into your PrBoom folder, and put your doom1.wad and doom2.wad into the WAD folder. Have fun!

Mr.TwisT said:
I configured a pack of WolfenDOOM and made some icons. This pack contains almost all series except the original Wolfenstein 3D remake, which I could not get to run (how ironic), and the arctic wolf pack (which I just couldn't be bothered to configure). You can get the pack from here:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,56,356

Just place into your PrBoom folder, and put your doom1.wad and doom2.wad into the WAD folder. Have fun!

Awesome! Thank you for the additions Mr.. Twist. It is much appreciated. :D

I just found this Selector on NewsWeeZ. (Here: http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?p=1052 ), I see that Rorque has managed to get this to work with Handy (the Atari Lynx emulator)
Could this be adapted to run PAK files, it would be useful for 'Master Levels For Doom II' etc.
Cheers, Neil

I don't know if Selector may be adapted to run Doom PAK, but perhaps someone could adapt/port this:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,2659

Thanks a lot for these. :)

The links don't seem to be working for 'A Fistful of Doom' and 'Batman Doom' maybe these 2 could be added to the pack in the archive.
Some icons would be nice for these. (Star Trek 2, Star Wars, 007 Goldeneye, Lego (1&2), Simpsons (1&2), Blood, The Darkening and Earth are also missing icons) and the Half Life set ;)

Cheers, Neil

Edit: Is there any way to edit prboom so each mod has it's own saves?

I remember downloading and trying a beta version of a Grand Theft Auto to Doom conversion, it was amazingly good, but I dont have the file anymore and I cant find it anywhere. Can anyone help me? I know it existed, and it was very impressive.

Mr 2X said:
I don't know if Selector may be adapted to run Doom PAK, but perhaps someone could adapt/port this:
This will work if someone ports selector to the WIZ. This is just a selector config file and zdoom wrapper scripts. Someone could port the source.

I can get all the doom 1 wads to run but the doom 2 total conversion wads just kick me back out to the main wiz menu

jjoepr said:
I can get all the doom 1 wads to run but the doom 2 total conversion wads just kick me back out to the main wiz menu

Do you have the full version WAD for Doom 2? If not you will need it. If you do, try deleting the prboom folder and all of it's contents from your SD card. Then put everything back on the card. I know it sounds like a pain in the butt, but I've done this before and it sometimes fixes a program that sends you back to the main menu.

bman said:
Mr 2X said:
This will work if someone ports selector to the WIZ. This is just a selector config file and zdoom wrapper scripts. Someone could port the source.
Well, I would have to rewrite it slightly since the syntax is for zdoom. Minor issue if someone can find me the wiz selector (I read a post where someone ported it). I don't have a WIZ but I'm sure someone can test after I script this.

bman said:
Well, I would have to rewrite it slightly since the syntax is for zdoom. Minor issue if someone can find me the wiz selector (I read a post where someone ported it). I don't have a WIZ but I'm sure someone can test after I script this.

Is this the Selector you need?

http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?p=1052

Cheers, Neil

Back