New Blender movies out.

Ah, almost forgot about the whole project. Thanks, glad to know it's now out. *Downloads*

Watched it, the movie was beautiful for a small team project, but the story was meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I wasn't expecting this for a while. I always enjoy the blender movies, hope this one lives up to the blender project. One thing is assured, lots of seeds.

I liked it even though it was sad. It was really well done, I wish it was longer though.

The funny thing is people are talking about it like it is the holy grail of independent films. They do this with every Blender movie, every time one comes out they think high quality animated indi movies will flood the net. I think these people don't realize that just because the team used free open source programs it doesn't mean that it took no money to make. These guys took their spare time to make this, if they were getting paid then the cost would be quite high. That will never change, and it took them over a year to make a 15 minute film.

Strange? That's 2K.
I'm used to something like 1920 by 1080 or 640 by 480.

But I did actually torrent and watch it. It was sad, and parts of it reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus. But then, what doesn't.

Gonna test this spoiler discussion:

At first I thought the dragon was going to be shown eating Scales' corpse. I was like, "Ew... that's kinda sick."

But then I was like "Oh Scales is that small dragon right there"

Then "Scales shut up or you'll die"

Then "Oh shit surprise twist"

But the guy at the beginning said the halberd thing was cursed, and shed innocent blood. If Sintel had used a proper sword and not a cursed halberd, she would have realized what was going on. That's the moral of the story. Don't use halberds, they don't have any mechanism against friendly fire.

Also, I would have turned back after almost getting my ass handed to me by a guy with a halberd. A dragon is much more difficult to fight, even if you have the element of surprise. You still have a terrain disadvantage, and size, and firepower, and armor.

I think I might have to watch the last fight scene again now that I've seen the ending.

It's in a cinematic format, ultra-widescreen, probably because the premiere was at that movie festival. If you want the "normal" widescreen ratio you'll have to wait until they release the movie's data so you can render it yourself as 16:9.

It's in a cinematic format, ultra-widescreen, probably because the premiere was at that movie festival. If you want the "normal" widescreen ratio you'll have to wait until they release the movie's data so you can render it yourself as 16:9.
I'm not worried about the aspect ratio, it's just a weird number of pixels. I'll just render it at 1920 by, uh... 817.5.... so it shows perfectly on my laptop monitor, and the media player will add letterboxing bars.

And I'll shut off a bunch of lighting effects so it will actually render on my computer within my own lifetime.

in case no one knew... there is supposed to be a Sintel game getting released as well... not sure when though... will look for the link on it and post here first chance I get (if no one else beats me to it)...

Back