New Blood

Rebel

Still Fresh
Just to counteract some of the negativity on here and people jumping ship (so close as well!!) I want to say Hi and after sitting on the fence lurking for the last year or so (well 6 months mostly, after I came across then forgot about it) I have just burnt another hole in my credit card by preording :D

I am a network guy, do a LOT of LAN gaming and gaming on the move, big fan of MAME and the like and usually have to lug a laptop to SSH into my servers at random times and places so it seems very logical to man up and just buy the bloody thing! (and fingers crossed that I can use SSH with .ppk files!)
Not much of a coder sorry but I am enthusiastic to help in any way I can :)

How dare he come here with optimism and bright doe eyes! Get him! Kill, KILL, KILL.

Rebel said:
(and fingers crossed that I can use SSH with .ppk files!)

They are PuTTY specific (so you can just use the Linux ports of Putty), but using PuttyGen you can also convert them to bog-standard OpenSSH format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the hell do people feel the need to come here and say hi!
As for positivity. Most of us are, we're positive that we'll get it in 2 months time, seriously we will. ;)

Welcome, mate! :D

All these "I've ordered a Pandora" threads - can't we just have ONE thread for new customers where those who are welcoming by nature can say "Hi" to them?

(this is intended to be an in-joke to anyone who gets it)

ledow said:
Rebel said:
(and fingers crossed that I can use SSH with .ppk files!)

They are PuTTY specific (so you can just use the Linux ports of Putty), but using PuttyGen you can also convert them to bog-standard OpenSSH format.

:D Well tbh as long as RSA / DSA keys are possible (which I was pretty sure of being linux and all ;) ) it doesn't bother me how it's done / where it's stored, I will probably run off some unique keys for the Pandora anyhow just in case it goes walkies I won't have to revoke every key :D
(hasn't happend yet, I am not in the habit of leaving my toys lieing around but you never know)

Thanks for the welcome guys :D

Monk said:
(this is intended to be an in-joke to anyone who gets it)

ohhhh me! I got it!

Back