New (Crappy) Video

Cpasjuste said:
Here is a preview of what i'm working on since a while :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4k4yj_tHo

See you !

That's awesome man...how come all the related videos involves European VH1 and nipple play????

Last edited by a moderator:
Enverex said:
Vorporeal said:
Enverex said:
Yeah, that likely explains it. The other videos of the Pandora booting were quite a bit faster (well, a lot faster). Still, I see that yellow and blue light under the screen again, can you confirm that's the backlight and the backlight shining through something blue, or is it something else?

Also what lights does this version actually have?

The lights in the center are backlights/other things that won't be seen in the final device. The lights on the sides are the LEDs for power and charging indicators, SD card usage, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. Those'll be seen by transmission to the case surface via transparent light pipes.

Really wish people would stop assuming I'm stupid.

Regarding the backlights, I was just wondering -exactly- what they were, if they were actually part of the screen and if that blue light really is a blue light or the light shining through something blue.
Also with the lights on either side, I was asking what -every- light was. Why? Because the renders are different than each other and it may have also been changed since then, so I wanted to know what they have finally decided on and where.

I wasn't assuming you were stupid... I didn't realize you were asking for specifics. I'm pretty sure that the lights are positioned the same way as in the picture on openpandora.ca. When ED showed the light pipes on his video of the case assembly, I think they were shaped in such a way that they matched up with the render.

I like it! When you're done with everything else, you oughta add fancy fade/scrolling to the .pnd population, and things like that. :p

I don't like it at all and I hope that the whole menu/"interface selection" thing will be removable.

The menus and so on look very cluttered, they don't use the space efficiently enough, and look too static for my taste. I guess that I'll have to create my own menu system as a replacement or use that other menu that was created by someone (In Qt I think) a while ago.

However, the PND system and PND discovery seems to work fine, so I've got nothing to complain about there :D

Vorporeal said:
I'm pretty sure that the lights are positioned the same way as in the picture on openpandora.ca. When ED showed the light pipes on his video of the case assembly, I think they were shaped in such a way that they matched up with the render.

Ah ok thanks.

Enverex said:
Vorporeal said:
I'm pretty sure that the lights are positioned the same way as in the picture on openpandora.ca. When ED showed the light pipes on his video of the case assembly, I think they were shaped in such a way that they matched up with the render.

Ah ok thanks.

I think it looks great. You've put in alot of hard work on this and it really shows. Thanks for doing this!!

That looks really nice, it's exactly what is needed for people who don't want to use a full desktop (me included :) )

I'm sorry but I have to go with dflemst here.
It does not seem thought through enough.
It has a kind of developer designed feel to it. I would like to see a more discrete menu with more space to show apps or at least presenting them with more style.

Bagera said:
It has a kind of developer designed feel to it. I would like to see a more discrete menu with more space to show apps or at least presenting them with more style.
IIRC (no time to search for reference now), the menu is fully skinnable. The currently shown skin is just to test the features.

Just wanted to pop in and say that this looks amazing! Really great job Cpasjuste!

Wow Cpasjuste, youre working in lot of projects for Pandora... I've seen your name many times at the pandorawiki page of game/stuff projects... and now this... Thanks for your work man.
By the way, have you started with the Freeciv project?, civilization on pandora will be awesom!

guizm said:
Wow Cpasjuste, youre working in lot of projects for Pandora... I've seen your name many times at the pandorawiki page of game/stuff projects... and now this... Thanks for your work man.
By the way, have you started with the Freeciv project?, civilization on pandora will be awesom!

Yes, i have freeciv working great already :)

B-ZaR said:
Bagera said:
IIRC (no time to search for reference now), the menu is fully skinnable. The currently shown skin is just to test the features.
But a skin will still only be static images, and you won't be able to move elements around; you can only change backgrounds and such with new skins.

Oh well, I don't blame Cpasjuste, he has done a great job and probably hasn't had time to improve the UI part yet, and us guys in the community could help him with that. The project is OSS after all.

I can lend a hand with the graphics if he wants :) I'd probably do something like what I did for the Matchbox theme though, a blue light coloured theme. Dark colours come across as negative to me, when it comes to UI design. :) Need a little something bright and positive! :D

I like the menu. Simple, quick and, most importantly, it can be navigated using the d-pad!

Cpasjuste said:
guizm said:

Nicee, i can hardly play it at my pentium 4 ( without lagging every time ) so its impresive that you already port it... can you play it with the touch screen? for example for moving units? Just curiosity, i'll be happy enough playing it with nubs :rolleyes:
Thanks for your effort!

Cpasjuste said:
guizm said:

Wow, that's what I want to play onto my Pandora (when I have one)! :) "FreeCiv", "OpenTTD", maybe "Wesnoth" and I think I will spend alot of time with my new handheld not to mention all the other jewels for this Machine. ^^
Is it one of the last Civ Versions? How does it play on 800x480 and which Graphic set is the best for the Pandora?
guizm said:
Nicee, i can hardly play it at my pentium 4 ( without lagging every time ) so its impresive that you already port it... can you play it with the touch screen? for example for moving units? Just curiosity, i'll be happy enough playing it with nubs :rolleyes:
Thanks for your effort!
Original Civ 1 was for the 286 Generation, FreeCiv has better Graphic but I think the AI doesn't eat that much Juice. I have a Core 2 Quad now but I'm sure it would run onto much slower Machines. Only, when I make AI vs. AI fights with no speed Limit, it will use all Processor Power that it gets.
Uh... of course this Program will have Touchscreen Support, I can't imafgine to control this kind of game with gamepad-Style Controls... maybe D-Pad or Analogs for scrolling. But the Touchscreen is the main-reason why I want to play such games onto the Pandora. ;)

PND discovery and loading is pretty damn quick and nifty. I'd like to see PND's used with E17.

Back