Mweston Posted A New Video

DroneB Dev said:
:s, the gaming buttons are nearly flat i guess thats why he started using the keyboard instead to play DK
He was using the Enter key to start the game, otherwise he went right back to playing with the game buttons. Just a guess, but Start is probably mapped to Enter, as it is on many emulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this earlier, but haven't had time to comment until now - that was a wonderful video, thankyou very much MWeston. :D

It *really* made my day to see Donkey Kong Country 2 - that's one of my all-time favourites. :)

trooper said:
Derek said:
fischju2000 said:
The video looks great, but I'm a little concerned that everybody who has played a racing game on the Pandora so far hasn't been very good at it.
At first I was going to totally agree with you about the people playing not being very good when he was playing F-Zero cause I always sucked at that game. But Mario Kart? He was driving a drunken Monkey! LOL

Just out of curiosity, Has anyone ever tried playing any game through the lens of a camera, Whilst trying to concentrate on keeping the subject in focus, In view of the lens and play the game at the same time ?. It ain`t easy.

Thank you very much for the video Michael. :)

Trooper

I agree, thats probably what it is. That sounds difficult, never have tried that myself.

I vote for Yoshi's Island and Starfox and Supermario RPG (F-zero was a good choice) to tax the emulator and see how awesome they do run indeed! :rolleyes:

I would think it would be hard to play through a camera... probably a delay too...

why on earth would you need to look through the viewfinder whilst playing?
point the camera at the screen, check that its lined up and in focus and then stop looking at/through the camera :/

gibberish said:
point the camera at the screen, check that its lined up and in focus and then stop looking at/through the camera :/
I request that gibberish do a video review of any handheld gaming system of his choosing, play about a level of any game of his choosing and post it on youtube all being done with the advice he gave and post it in this very thread kthxbai

I don't think it would be that hard. When I get my Pandora, I'll probably do it.

When you are focused on making sure the system stays in view of the camera and that the viewers have a pleasant viewing experience, you can't do a lot of the more subtle actions. How many of you have ever tried to play a portable system while making sure it stays perfectly still and your head doesn't obstruct someone else's view?

jb0yx said:
gibberish said:
I request that gibberish do a video review of any handheld gaming system of his choosing, play about a level of any game of his choosing and post it on youtube all being done with the advice he gave and post it in this very thread kthxbai

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=66pN6r2-VnE

Worked reasonably well for me. And I was using a mini-DV camcorder from a half-decade ago. :lol:

Unfortunately, the camera was tilted and I didn't notice. ;)

Derek said:
trooper said:
Derek said:
fischju2000 said:
The video looks great, but I'm a little concerned that everybody who has played a racing game on the Pandora so far hasn't been very good at it.
At first I was going to totally agree with you about the people playing not being very good when he was playing F-Zero cause I always sucked at that game. But Mario Kart? He was driving a drunken Monkey! LOL

Just out of curiosity, Has anyone ever tried playing any game through the lens of a camera, Whilst trying to concentrate on keeping the subject in focus, In view of the lens and play the game at the same time ?. It ain`t easy.

Thank you very much for the video Michael. :)

Trooper

I agree, thats probably what it is. That sounds difficult, never have tried that myself.
It can be tricky. I did some beta test videos using direct video capture from the GP2X. The GP2X shuts the screen off when TVout is enabled. so the only screen I had to play the game was the real-time capture preview with about 1s delay... That 1s made gaming very very hard... so it's annoying when people miss the point of the video and criticise your (lack of) gaming skills.

I think he did ok considering the distractrion of trying to make a nice video!

Yigguth said:
Yeah, I'm hoping he just sucks at it and it's not the controls fault
You guys do realize that the devs hate it when you ridicule their gaming skills? It's hard when you have to film it while holding the console still and playing with an uncomfortable viewing angle.

Yeah, it must get pretty tiresome getting the "OMG YOU SUCK AT GAMING" comments every time. Pickle has copped it plenty. The videos are software demonstrations, not entries in the e-penis olympics. Let's lay off a little.

I`m glad most people agree that it can be quite difficult to film an play at the same time.

Here`s my sad attempt at playing the first level of parasol stars on the GP32, And yes, I died,
Twice. :rolleyes:

Trooper

MWeston, pleeeease make a video of Quake 1 using the nubs for aiming.
It will show off the amazing 3D capabilities of the Pandora.
[sub]with a 1996 game[/sub]

Nah, I don't mind the comments. I suck at these games. I'm an RPG man...nice and slow gaming. Good for the brain, not the thumbs. ;) For the record, I did intentionally ram the ship into the wall in F-Zero because I knew I was about to turn the camera off. :)

I will have a new video tonight. It's another emulation video. Drk||Raziel and I just got it working on Pandora hardware.

Back