New Earbuds Don't Work On Wiz

trentg

I just got a nice pair of AKG K370 earbuds. Sound great on my ipod and 10 year old cd player. But when I use them with the wiz, the vocals are removed from music. If I press the call answer button on the headphone cord, I get vocals but that only lasts while I'm holding the button down. The headphones have one of those "Apple" 3-part connectors, which I think may be part of the problem. Any idea if this can be worked around?

I don't know if your earbud setup could cause the vocals to be exclusively removed; are you sure it's not just removing one of the stereo channels?

Thats damn impressive, where can I get some of these earbuds? I'd love to listen to some songs minus the vocals.

trentg said:
I just got a nice pair of AKG K370 earbuds. Sound great on my ipod and 10 year old cd player. But when I use them with the wiz, the vocals are removed from music. If I press the call answer button on the headphone cord, I get vocals but that only lasts while I'm holding the button down. The headphones have one of those "Apple" 3-part connectors, which I think may be part of the problem. Any idea if this can be worked around?

Sounds like the same effect you get when you half pull out headphones from anything normally, basically they aren't making a connection. What you're hearing is effectively noise cancellation in effect, anything that is present on both the left and right channels is removed (vocals are usually centred so it's on both channels and thus removed) but you will hear anything that is different on the left and right channels. It's like a Karaoke effect.

Try one of the remastered Beatles tracks, you'll find you hear it normally as they have the voices on one channel and the instruments on the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll try to find a little extension and see if that will help. Thanks for the responses.

[edit]

The 'phones came with an airplane adapter and I tried that. Though I get mono sound (since only connecting 1 of 2 prongs), it does sound normal, i.e., with vocals. So I'll look for a short stereo extension and that _should_ do the trick.

Well I bought a Y adapter on ebay, hopefully attaching that to the wiz and pluggin the headphones in one of the jacks will work. If not, well, that sucks but oh well. I'm mainly using my wiz as a "stereo" connected to my PC speakers now. I have an ipod touch but that is my "work ipod" :)...

Back