Warning: Avoid earbuds with "Apple ControlTalk" feature!

I understand this dislike for Apple, but it's not just Apple any more. The old standard failed, and the new standard reverses ground and mic. We should follow the up-to-date standard, even if that will upset a few people with old-style headsets. I'd suggest I'm quite typical in that I've only ever used headphones on my Pandora, but with the Pyra being a better connected device, getting a headset for it might make sense. Almost any headset I buy today will support the current standard.
^ You're most likely correct.. but doesn't mean I'll like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand this dislike for Apple, but it's not just Apple any more. The old standard failed, and the new standard reverses ground and mic. We should follow the up-to-date standard, even if that will upset a few people with old-style headsets. I'd suggest I'm quite typical in that I've only ever used headphones on my Pandora, but with the Pyra being a better connected device, getting a headset for it might make sense. Almost any headset I buy today will support the current standard.

^ You're most likely correct.. but doesn't mean I'll like it.
:angry:  How much do you want to bet when apples Wonder standard of total-epic-gift-from-the-holy-gods-and-us-peasants-should-be-thankful-for-the-divine-privilege-to-use-such-a-Standard gets dropped the moment it becomes standard. SO they can claim they made it then create something completely different. :angry:  Maybe the statement the pandora is the logical inverse of an Ipod touch holds more water then I though previously. :blink:

Edit: I'm tempted to rewire my headset now because of this crap....

Last edited by a moderator:
apple-stve-jobs-parody-featured-w.gif

864177.jpg

The Pandora is well hackable. So die anyone try yet what happens, if we reverse Mic and Ground directly at the jack's soldering joints?

Back