New Handhelds

Cruzzle posted on May 20 2004 at 01:59 PM said:
do anybody know when they get realeased?
I think the Nintendo DS will release b4 christmas and PSP might be released around this time next year <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Jr2swiss posted on May 20 2004 at 09:35 PM said:
I think the Nintendo DS will release b4 christmas and PSP might be released around this time next year <_<
I heard on Lik-Sang the PSP will be released on Nov 2004 before the Nintendo DS.

DarkMetroid posted on May 21 2004 at 01:44 AM said:
Jr2swiss posted on May 20 2004 at 09:35 PM said:
I heard on Lik-Sang the PSP will be released on Nov 2004 before the Nintendo DS.
In Japan yes. But the Japanese units won't be compatible with the US/Euro units so it is no good for me.

Heh imagine how much it will cost to buy them when they just come out in Japan from an import store :D I remember when the PS2 was launched how all the people went crazy and sold them for like 500 dollars, what is the launch price of the PSP, 200$?.

actually Sony's claim was that the PSP wouldnt have regeion coding so you could conceivably buy a japanese version just as you would a GB... the issue is availability, I have a feeling they;ll be hard to get even in japan the first month thus kicking up the price ridiculously.

Alpha2 posted on May 21 2004 at 02:55 AM said:
actually Sony's claim was that the PSP wouldnt have regeion coding so you could conceivably buy a japanese version just as you would a GB... the issue is availability, I have a feeling they;ll be hard to get even in japan the first month thus kicking up the price ridiculously.
oh my gentle jesus...my sisters have a japanese friend who is in the us for college... :D so i might have the hookup :D

Nintendo's own games are bright and colourful, and if you think about it, are kinda aimed at kids, but only graphically. IMO the idea of playing a game is to escape reality, no? One of the best ways to do this is to have completley unrealistic graphics.

Escapism is what makes a game good, whether its "realistic" or not. I love Nintendo, and I also love alot of games that they haven't had on their systems. I'm not going to jusdge a game by the colours it presents, but by how well it plays.

Kai posted on May 21 2004 at 01:35 PM said:
Nintendo's own games are bright and colourful, and if you think about it, are kinda aimed at kids, but only graphically. IMO the idea of playing a game is to escape reality, no? One of the best ways to do this is to have completley unrealistic graphics.

Escapism is what makes a game good, whether its "realistic" or not. I love Nintendo, and I also love alot of games that they haven't had on their systems. I'm not going to jusdge a game by the colours it presents, but by how well it plays.
I buy games not for realism but for escapism... to take my mind off of the real world.

I think the Nintendo DS looks a bit large anyone else ?
I also think the dual screens and the dual CPU will probably be bad on power (battery) :p

The DS will probably fail not because of its hardware but due to the fact they are releasing it too close to the GBA SP

I could be wrong but I wasnt about the ngage ;)

Exo posted on May 21 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
I also think the dual screens and the dual CPU will probably be bad on power (battery) :p

The DS will probably fail not because of its hardware but due to the fact they are releasing it too close to the GBA SP

I think it will do well. The NGage failed cause it was crap and has hardly any games. I knew from first seeing the screen it would fail :/

PinkSpider posted on May 21 2004 at 02:34 PM said:

I think it will do well. The NGage failed cause it was crap and has hardly any games. I knew from first seeing the screen it would fail :/

The N-Gage failed because it:

- Required you to take the battery out to change games
- Had a portait screen for a landscape device
- Required you to look like an idiot when talking on the phone http://www.sidetalking.com/

I'd say those three factors stopped me from running out and buying one straight away. If they fixed those, the N-Gage would have been a roaring success.
Someone at Nokia is pretty thick. They seem to have fixed 2/3 of these in N-Gage QD, but sadly it's too late.

fdave posted on May 21 2004 at 03:39 PM said:
PinkSpider posted on May 21 2004 at 02:34 PM said:

The N-Gage failed because it:

- Required you to take the battery out to change games
- Had a portait screen for a landscape device
- Required you to look like an idiot when talking on the phone http://www.sidetalking.com/

I'd say those three factors stopped me from running out and buying one straight away. If they fixed those, the N-Gage would have been a roaring success.
Someone at Nokia is pretty thick. They seem to have fixed 2/3 of these in N-Gage QD, but sadly it's too late.
Ive seen people have the piss taken out of them cause they have one :ph34r:

Back