New-ish Revolution Controller Rumor

Slightly off topic, but the footage of the new Zelda game looks so good, that if someone told me it was coming out on one of the next gen machines, I'd still be VERY impressed.

Seriously it looks both technically and artistically amazing, and no amount of fanboism should allow anyone who loves adventuring to miss this one. Unless they screw up the gameplay/story etc. Which I doubt....

thats what i tried to point out on a previous thread, they had a tech demo of FFVII for the PS3 yet the new Zelda game looks alot better than the demo of a PS3 game. i'm not really impressed with the next gen stuff, will just have to wait to see what actually comes out at release.

You missed off what would have been the weridest, but to be honest rather interesting add on for the N64. I'm not sure if it came out in Japan, but development was underway for a game called "Bio Tetris", which came with a clip you put on your ear. The game then picked up your pulse, and the game would change accordingly; on easy mode, the faster your heart beat the slower the blocks would fall (which would be a dull experience) where as with the hard mode the faster your heart beat the faster they would fall.

An example of something very werid, but also rather interesting.
That is the coolest thing I have ever heard. I can't believe I've never heard of this before, it would be so cool! Especially in a trance game like Rez, imagine it just building up and getting more and more mental as you get more and more excited, that would be sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey now, I actually have a power glove, and while it's not really practical(and it obviously didn't do too well, or we'd probably still have something similar), it actually was pretty damn cool. For those of you who don't know how it works, you plug it into your NES, as well as some sensor things that look almost like tiny speakers connected to each other by rods and cords... These go on your TV. You hold the glove in what would be the center and then hold a button on the glove to center it. You move your hand up for up on the d-pad, down for down on the d-pad, etc. Then you bend one of your fingers for A, one for B, one for start, and one for select. You can also program it to fit certain games better. It also has a bunch of control schemes already programmed into it. It's really cool, but it takes some getting used to.

7. Virtual Boy
Good idea, bad execution (4 shades of red? What were they thinking?). If they made something like that with next-gen graphics and a comfortable design I'd buy it right away. Can you imagine playing games that would actually by 3-D, especially racing games? It would be frankly astonishing! That's the "revolution" that I'm most anticipating (& I hope it comes within my lifetime).

7. Virtual Boy
Good idea, bad execution (4 shades of red? What were they thinking?). If they made something like that with next-gen graphics and a comfortable design I'd buy it right away. Can you imagine playing games that would actually by 3-D, especially racing games? It would be frankly astonishing! That's the "revolution" that I'm most anticipating (& I hope it comes within my lifetime).
The manual for the Virtual Boy warned of permanent damage to one's eyes that could result from the use of the product.... hmm.

Not so good for marketing.... :unsure:

Although, that WOULD be cool... if it didn't make you go blind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back