New Led Light In Render On Openpandora.ca?

Gaeryc said:
It seems that I will be playing :pandora1: at home hooked to a tv using wii classic controller.
LOL. Let's get wiimote drivers built into the oringal firmware, and added to the OS as a mouse emulator as well. :D

But seriously, the classic controller is bad. I'd rather use anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so f---ing frustrated right now.

Pandora just keeps getting better and better and better... the wait is murdering me. And I'm generally very patient. I'm gonna go break a pencil or something... :p

Very nice indeed - I do hope they aren't just screwing with us. Bluetooth is probably the most requested additional feature (and one that is very useful indeed, in theory at least).

Here's hoping that is precisely what it is. And of course, that if it means a change in wifi ship, then it doesn't mean they've had to go with one that has much higher power consumption than the previously hinted at one!

Check http://www.openpandora.ca, MWeston's site (thanks crazedover), try highlighting the two sentences

'- integrated Wifi 802.11b/g'

and

'- 800x480 resolution LTPS LCD with touch screen, 4.3" widescreen, 16.7 million colors (300 cd/m2 brightness, 450:1 contrast ratio)'

You'll magically see a white-text-on-white-background text being selected as well, stating:

'- integrated Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (3Mbps)' :) :)

Images to back this up:

pandora%20bt1.jpg

Then, select that text:

pandora%20bt2.jpg

I found this when I searched for the word 'Blue' on the page, then it came up :)

pandora%20bt3.jpg

So, I think bluetooth is a go!

laurens said:
I don't know how much authority http://www.openpandora.ca has, but for fun, try highlighting the two sentences

'- integrated Wifi 802.11b/g'

and

'- 800x480 resolution LTPS LCD with touch screen, 4.3" widescreen, 16.7 million colors (300 cd/m2 brightness, 450:1 contrast ratio)'

You'll magically see a white-text-on-white-background text being selected as well, stating:

'- integrated Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (3Mbps)' :) :)

Images to back this up:

pandora%20bt1.jpg

Then, select that text:

pandora%20bt2.jpg

I found this when I searched for the word 'Blue' on the page, then it came up :)

pandora%20bt3.jpg

So, I think bluetooth is a go!

crazedover said:
Nice find laurens! And I believe openpandora.ca is MWeston's site.
yeah, the domainregistration seems to confirm that:

~$ whois openpandora.ca
[...]
Subdomain: openpandora.ca
[...]
Organization: Michael Weston
[...]

So, that's final then :) BT is in :)

I wonder if BT is the reason why the price was increased from $320 to $330. I was under the impression that it was just because of inflation, but perhaps I was wrong?

crazedover said:
I wonder if BT is the reason why the price was increased from $320 to $330. I was under the impression that it was just because of inflation, but perhaps I was wrong?
I doubt the BT would have added that much to the cost, as it's essentially 'free' with the wireless chipset. It's probably due to other factors.

Gruso said:
I wonder if they were running odds on how long it would take for the "leak" to hit these boards. :lol:
eight days :)

The information on my website is inaccurate......

the LED is actually orange just like the wifi LED. ;) Blue made the point better and didn't stand out as much so maybe that is why it took longer to find!

$320 --> $330 wasn't a cost increase, it was an update on the dollar from the first time someone converted it, to what it is now (or more recently)

BT was added for a few reasons

1. We got a good deal, but it did add a tiny bit of cost
2. OMAP host port only supports USB 2.0 HS mode (480Mb/s) which means all the bluetooth dongles I could find that had detailed specifications wouldn't work without going through a hub (which kinda kills that ultra portable stuff). It seems like most (all?) BT dongles are USB 2.0 FS mode (12Mb/s) because the more expensive electronics just aren't needed
3. See reason 2 for some unhappy customers forcing us to make a mk2 with BT internally and this would have cost more in the long run with a new PCB revision, changes to production line and changes to bill of materials.
4. Making competing devices look that much less interesting!

Fantastic news! Bluetooth was the only thing missing from the spec sheets as far as I was concerned :)

MWeston said:
4. Making competing devices look that much less interesting!
What competing devices? Seriously, Pandora is pretty unique.

But yeah, BT is a great addition! Thanks MWeston, good decision!

Vorporeal and Laurent - you'll be seeing your names in Zodttd's news page soon... :p Great finds guys.

MWeston said:
Gruso said:
I wonder if they were running odds on how long it would take for the "leak" to hit these boards. :lol:
eight days :)

:lol:
Nice addition - and what a way to announce it!
(And I nearly missed this thread)

Vorporeal and Laurent - you'll be seeing your names in Zodttd's news page soon... :p Great finds guys.

If your referring to me: I'm Laurens, who is someone else from Laurent :)

laurens said:
If your referring to me: I'm Laurens, who is someone else from Laurent :)

Sorry, I'll fix it later when my news submission become active.

This just makes me love the Pandora team more- not cause they added bluetooth, cause they pull awesome stunts like this.

Back