New Led Light In Render On Openpandora.ca?

MWeston said:
2. OMAP host port only supports USB 2.0 HS mode (480Mb/s) which means all the bluetooth dongles I could find that had detailed specifications wouldn't work without going through a hub (which kinda kills that ultra portable stuff). It seems like most (all?) BT dongles are USB 2.0 FS mode (12Mb/s) because the more expensive electronics just aren't needed

Hmm... I suppose this also affects other peripherals like keyboards or mice? Does this mean you either need a hub or a USB A female to mini B male adapter for the OTG port if you want to use these peripherals?

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!colour me impressed!!! :excl:

- now wheres that pre-order button... :pandora1:

- Hold on, does this mean I can (theoretically) use my mobile phone's 3g connection as a modem when theres no wifi access...?????

Rick

Now it needs CIR for being the perfect device to me. Does USB IR dongles has the same problem about usb 2.0 fs mode (12mb)? What about some tiny internal PCB having an IR chip that supports CIR (and probably other IR standards)? This could make all the remote controllers in my home useless (too much of them) and even making certain things easier (like starting the tv and putting it in AV mode when clicking on some option in an app).

MWeston: I know I asked you about this previously, sent you a private message but not reply. If you need some kind of financial about this, let's talk about how much you want ;)

Doh! I'd constructed an elaborate scenario involving a special British Telecom mode... ;)

Very glad to hear that Bluetooth has been added, anyway. It was the only thing missing compared to the Zodiac and N800. :)

Firefox said:
It was the only thing missing compared to the Zodiac and N800. :)

I miss a nice IR port... my zodiac and phat psp have it, and it rules to turn tv's off anywhere I go :p not just annoying, but it can also be useful

I just know I'd use Bluetooth on the Pandora to send funny phrases to those iMacs on the shopping center :p
(you guys should try it, change your bt name to a funny name and ask for pairing, it'll pop up on the screen and everyone will read it, lol)

other than small file (pics) transfer from/to your cellphone, what would you guys use BlueTooth for?

Xmas said:
MWeston said:
2. OMAP host port only supports USB 2.0 HS mode (480Mb/s) which means all the bluetooth dongles I could find that had detailed specifications wouldn't work without going through a hub (which kinda kills that ultra portable stuff). It seems like most (all?) BT dongles are USB 2.0 FS mode (12Mb/s) because the more expensive electronics just aren't needed

Hmm... I suppose this also affects other peripherals like keyboards or mice? Does this mean you either need a hub or a USB A female to mini B male adapter for the OTG port if you want to use these peripherals?

I'm also worried about this. What about other USB 2.0 FS peripherals, like keyboards, mices, and so?

Would they work if they're directly connected to the USB Host port?

Whoa, that's awesome. BT was the last thing missing to make the Pandora the perfect device xD Mh... Pandora - Cell Phone connection with UMTS and a BT GPS-receiver... It seems that the list of things the Pandora CAN'T do is shrinking into nothingness.

This is just absobloodylutely GREAT!!! Fantastic news! I'll be preodering 100 units :). I think it's high time to registrate new users like _VWV1_, _VWV2_... :) :D

CoMiKe said:
I'm also worried about this. What about other USB 2.0 FS peripherals, like keyboards, mices, and so?

Would they work if they're directly connected to the USB Host port?
Well, if you're planning on using more than 1 device, you'll need a usb hub anyway, and from what I understood, by using a USB hub you ARE able to use 12mbit devices, like keyboards, if I got MWeston's post correctly. See it as a pandora dockingstation :)

Now that we get Bluetooth, I pray that the OS includes:

joydev, hidd, ppp. usbserial

And additionally:
htop *begs*

Edit:

PSX Emulation with a DualShock 3 over bluetooth, anyone?

I figure they'd put in a BitTorrent light which is active when you're usign your pandora as a bittorrent client. That's pretty important stuff.

Kevin_H said:
Not that I'm saying your wrong but doesn't TI site on the OMAP3530 say:
"High-Speed/Full-Speed/Low-Speed Multiport USB Host Controller"

Apparently it's separated in HS vial ULPI interface and FS/LS via serial interface.

laurens said:
Well, if you're planning on using more than 1 device, you'll need a usb hub anyway

There are two USB ports. The OTG port can also be used as host (in HS/FS/LS), you just need an adapter.

Who needs a USB hub with a ton of extra cables when you have bluetooth. Wireless keyboard + mouse ftw :p

Not that I'll be using it for that....... :huh:

Now I can make my solar panel run over Bluetooth instead of having to attach it with wires. :D

Edit:

Why is Kraftwerk's "Pocket Calculator" playing in my head whenever I open this topic? Anyway, one can do a lot of things with hacking Bluetooth adaptors, like huge range and stuff and awesome things.

Back