New Led Light In Render On Openpandora.ca?

Xmas said:
Kevin_H said:
Not that I'm saying your wrong but doesn't TI site on the OMAP3530 say:
"High-Speed/Full-Speed/Low-Speed Multiport USB Host Controller"

Apparently it's separated in HS vial ULPI interface and FS/LS via serial interface.

laurens said:
Well, if you're planning on using more than 1 device, you'll need a usb hub anyway

There are two USB ports. The OTG port can also be used as host (in HS/FS/LS), you just need an adapter.

Thats pretty well retarded in a mobile processor. I did a quick internet search and didn't find any usb phy transceivers that supported multiplexing between ULPI and serial interface, so in order to support all speeds you would have to put down multiple ports with their own USB transceiver. Just plain retarded :angry:
I would have rather the team went with the ISP1761 standalone controller. I'm using it on my project at work and it does pretty well. All the switching between high speed and full/low is done internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now we are so happy - we do the dance of joy!

Blessed BlueTooth. Ah... This works so well.

Keyboards, Wiimotes, mice, headsets, file transfers, 3G websurfing....

This makes VOIP more plausible. This makes typing more plausible.

And thus, the Pandora is complete.

Thanks guys! You RAWK!

This is great news!
Just don't let the blue LEDs cause a delay... just remember what they did to Sony with their Bluray-drives ;) ;)

Kevin_H said:
Xmas said:
Kevin_H said:
Not that I'm saying your wrong but doesn't TI site on the OMAP3530 say:
"High-Speed/Full-Speed/Low-Speed Multiport USB Host Controller"

Apparently it's separated in HS vial ULPI interface and FS/LS via serial interface.

laurens said:
Well, if you're planning on using more than 1 device, you'll need a usb hub anyway

There are two USB ports. The OTG port can also be used as host (in HS/FS/LS), you just need an adapter.

Thats pretty well retarded in a mobile processor. I did a quick internet search and didn't find any usb phy transceivers that supported multiplexing between ULPI and serial interface, so in order to support all speeds you would have to put down multiple ports with their own USB transceiver. Just plain retarded :angry:
I would have rather the team went with the ISP1761 standalone controller. I'm using it on my project at work and it does pretty well. All the switching between high speed and full/low is done internally.
PCB Board space is a precious commodity. Also, Power Management is easier in an integrated solution, since the USB power plane is shared by a lot of the OMAP3530 IO interfaces. Not that the added complexity is significant, but every little bit counts.

On the side note, I am very pleased to hear BT has been added. I was planning on buying a BT SD Card anyways, but now I don't have to.This means tethering through cellphones to allow the internet experience almost anywhere. Truely looking forward to Pandora now.

BTW, where did the space for the BT come from?

aznJun said:
does that mean we can have bluetooth....
multiplayer games?
Heh... As long as you set up BT networking support so it looks like a TCP/IP network, I suspect you can do just about anything within the bandwidth and latency requirements. This kind of opens up all kinds of "interesting" for the stuff I'm planning on porting. Mobile lan-party anyone? :D

Megamixman said:
I'll bet it's integrated with the WiFi. There's a few nice (and not so nice- Broadcom...) solutions out there for handhelds and laptops that do that nowadays.

Hey, I wonder if we'd be able to connect the Pandora to a phone and then use the combination as a wifi access point (through the Pandora). That would be neat.

Megamixman said:

From what I gathered on this thread - it is a part of the latest WiFi chip. So the same space that was only going to give us WiFib/g now gives us that and BlueTooth. I could be wrong, though. But I don't think they are physically adding anything - just replacing one part with another part that does more.

Just wanted to say 'thanks for the bluetooth.' Now I won't need to carry both the pandora and the n800 for music and internet sans wires. I am very happy. =)

Wiimote on pandora!

Bluetooth is the only thing I thought would be missing from Pandora so Im glad about the upgrade. :)

Yay bluetooth (I don't own any bluetooth devices though). Will this affect the battery life at all?

Hm, nice even if I have no use for Bluetooth. ^_^ As long as it doesn't cost more, it's OK.
Does the Bluetooth and the W-Lan share the same Antenna? And does the Pandore have a useful big antenna inside or just a "2 Meter range" minimum thing like many USB-WIFI-Sticks have?

I had the Idea that the LID of the Pandora would have enough Space for a nice, big internal Antenna:
pandoraantenneom3.gif

I mean, WiFi and Bluetooth are great but it would be uselesss if the Pandora need to be placed 10 Centimeter beneeth a W-Lan Router or Hotspot Antenna or whatever to have a useful strong connection. :D AFAIK there wasn't any discussion about the RANGE of the Pandora Wireless Skills. But I can be wrong of course.

imec said:
Yay bluetooth (I don't own any bluetooth devices though). Will this affect the battery life at all?
I'm guessing that as with the WiFi, it can be turned off when ever you want. So shouldn't affect battery life generally, unless you use it all the time.

If this means I can use a folding bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I think its time to sell my laptop go :pandora1: !

Back