Release new mame4all video

ish420

Hi! smile.gif

Most are probably aware I've been swamped with things to do lately. I took a break from working on psx4pandora (more videos of that one coming soon!) and was able to quickly port Franxis' mame4all project over to my Pandora devkit.

Here's my initial video of Outrun running via MAME on my Pandora devkit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHHoQZBVBPc

I found out a few things from this video:
1. Outrun makes some hideous ambient sound effects ;P
2. Everything I threw at mame4all ported to the Pandora @ 500MHz ran spot on! I haven't run into a game I needed to change from actual MAME timings (no underclocking).
3. Porting was done in two hours of work. It shows the quality of the mame4all code, as well as the ease of porting.
4. Performance gains from GP2X to Pandora are outstanding. smile.gif

So while I have the camcorder set up and mame loaded...what would make some cool MAME videos to out-do the Outrun one?

Should I do a video of games like Pacman, Galaga, Joust, etc..? Basically, the classics in a single video.

What games would you like to see? I will try my best to get it in a video. I know last time I got sidetracked, so I will take em as they come instead of waiting around. smile.gif

Thanks,
ZodTTD

well i know alot of folks will be interested in whitch of the street fighers , and king of fighters will run at good speeds

robotron .. smashtv, alien carnage ,

edit :(removed donkeykong info not relevelnt)

and a smattering of shmups might be a good choice .. theres plenty to pick from ..

i just looked at the site a bit and the source .. ok so its based on the .35 set .. honestly everything in those drivers/set should be pretty speedy given the pandoras specs.. if thats proves to be the case what are the odds of a more recent mame port seeing the light of day ? (say .48 or gasp 62,63. ) i relise why 35 is currently the target thou and am happy with whatever works n folks have the mind to do.

(sorry i may be able to compile mame but the code is such a mess to me :>)

sidenote Zottd ? are you planing on porting all the 4alls? or am i just confused
i could have swore i saw someone mention a port of uae and neo on the old forum.

Some games I would love to see in the video are: Galaga, Pac-Man, Joust (like you said) and Space Invaders /Deluxe ,Defender, Gorf, Tron, Asteroids, Frogger, Donket Kong, Tempest ,Galaxian, Pooyan, Ms. pac-Man, Scramble, Berzerk, Centipede, Pheonix, Q*Bert, Robotron, Stargate, Qix, Moon patrol, Star castle, Astro Invader and one obscure game that took me time to find and not sure how hard it is to find: Quazar (weird but i used to play it and it's kinda fun) I don't expect you can put all of these so any of these would be awesome or all of them :) :) So many games, so little time !

I would love to see as many as possible in a video !!! This is my most anticipated emulator by far.................

Question by the way which I have asked but you may have the answer. Will this emulator have auto save for high scores if the original arcade machines did? The version I have on my PC does (not save states but permanently saved high scores)

Thanks for the work you are doing :) much appreciated. I am a 70's , 80's acrcade freak and am drooling at the thought of having quality portable versions of these classic games. That alone makes the Pandora worth it to me....Priceless:)

ROMs from mame i would like to see (verymuch)

Punk Shot

Sunset Riders

Warriors of Fate

I have always been a big big fan of WWE Wrestlefest, and always wished I could play it on my GP32X.

I have pre ordered my Pandora, and would be made a happy man if I were to see this running on Pandora :)

Very nice work with what you have done by the way!

Gravitar, Star Wars and Tempest. Oh, and Battlezone.

And Mr.Do!

will ridge racer and tekken tag,sega rally,virtua fighter work.
On pandora mame emulator will be the best version.

I would like to see a demo of Crazy Climber!! I can't wait to play it, finally, on a two-joystick system ..

torpor said:
I would like to see a demo of Crazy Climber!! I can't wait to play it, finally, on a two-joystick system ..
Oh, yeah! Dual joystick games will be a blast! There is a specific game that comes to mind. It was a top-down game that involved a tank, and around the levels were these jump pads that would throw you up into the air so you could bombard your targets. If anyone can remember the name could you PM me or something?

Oh zod, that is great. It reminds me of the pandora picture slideshow we saw a couple of months ago

A Beaver said:
It was a top-down game that involved a tank, and around the levels were these jump pads that would throw you up into the air so you could bombard your targets. If anyone can remember the name could you PM me or something?

Was it Vindicators?

GunPei2X said:
A Beaver said:
It was a top-down game that involved a tank, and around the levels were these jump pads that would throw you up into the air so you could bombard your targets. If anyone can remember the name could you PM me or something?

Was it Vindicators?

I remember that game. I loved it, but I just couldn't make any progress - I think that the one in my neighborhood arcade was set to "MAX" difficulty. I'd love to get another crack at playing it again!

Back