Beta New Qt Apps For Pandora

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Hello

I compiled another bunch o apps for pandora. Still in exe format, not in pnd. They will start after doubleclick on them [on pandora of course]

whats added:
Tesh -> mini notepad
BeeSoft Commander -> total commander clone / nc clone

whats next:
Research Assistant -> ZIM like notepad [i like RA more, because it's compilable on Haiku :) ]

I think not much people will give you feedback, if these are not pnd-packaged ;)

I'll look at those, too, thanks. Keep 'em coming, you've got some neat stuff in here! I'll PND some of these after I figure out what they are. You will, of course, get credit for porting these. Mind if I upload them to the repo?

EDIT: cdfly doesn't run. Nothing happens when it's clicked. And antico looks like a mess. Seeing as it's made to be used as a desktop (or as part of it), I don't think we're going to get much use of it unless it's used in the OS.

EDIT II: ascii-design needs a port of Figlet to be used.

ClipGrab doesn't seem to save videos. It shows the search function and progress bar as normal, but the video don't seem to save to the SD card; it shows as downloaded but nothing appears. The SD card light doesn't flash or blink, either. I'm gonna try the home directory on the NAND next.

Bloqus is cool, but small; any way to enlarge it to make it easier to see and play?

FAT32. But saving to the NAND works, if you remember to copy the video off.

EDIT: QFinances is "Unable to establish a database connection. QFinances needs SQLite support. Please read the Qt SQL driver documentation for information how to build it."

EDIT II: FooAudio doesn't play the music files that I drag 'n drop onto it. The record spins, but nothing happens.

EDIT III: HexGlass is cool, but needs proper Pandora controls. Any chance of that?

I know. But it needs proper controls. D-Pad is fine, but other things (dropping, mainly) could be improved.

HexGlass is definitely among them, so you can start there. Some of the stuff you ported has actually been done before. And maybe the FAT32 issue could be fixed in ClipGrab, as that's definitely good enough. As for the others, I'm still going through each one. And ClipGrab's "Open target folder of selected download" button doesn't work. On top of that, the video doesn't work if you pick a quality that's not available (though it doesn't tell you which ones aren't available).

EDIT: KoalaWriter's sound doesn't work. The sound files are fine, I tested them in Mplayer.

EDIT II: Niceview doesn't work. "A list of image servers is empty!"

PNDing is really not too much work; if you're linux based, suck down libpnd and look at pndmake.sh .. you'll notice its like 3 steps. The actual work is in setting $HOME to the right path so that when the apps run, they write back to appdata instead of NAND..

Actyualling pnding .. okay, you make a PXML file which takes 2 minutes, but otherwise, its just a mk-iso and cat-append-icon..

Really, as I know what I'm doing with it, it literally takesd me about 30 seconds to make a pnd out of an app. The hard part is making sure it writes back to appdata, and for most apps its an easy change (sdet $HOME in the run-script, instead of just running the exe direct.)

Sebt3 automated the process I think, it just spits out the PXML and pnd for you with his toolchain :)

So really, its _no trouble at all_.. its just a step you don't happen to know what to do, so you've put up a roadblock in your head and just gotten down to business. (Which is fine ;) But get on top of that step and good to go :)

PNDs are worth making, and your audience will increase quite a bit.. without a pnd, few peopel will touch.

But yeah, maybe BP will do them for you.. but just suck doewn any existing pnd, mount it, see what they did, and drop in your exes.

jeff

Back