New render of the Pyra

I don't use these markings. If I don't constantly glance at my hands, they'll drift away without me noticing as I type.
You literally have no idea what your brain is doing without you being aware of it. You're constantly taking in all kinds of information that you aren't conciously aware of. You may not think you're using that little dot under your fingers but your brain has already associated that, along with dozens of other small cues, to allow you to type.
Tell that to the keyoard I use just as well that doesn't have the dots :p

Tell that to the keyoard I use just as well that doesn't have the dots
You literally have no idea what your brain is doing without you being aware of it. You're constantly taking in all kinds of information that you aren't conciously aware of. You may not think you're using that little dot under your fingers but your brain has already associated that, along with dozens of other small cues, to allow you to type.

dippin-dots.jpg

Somewhere in these pre-product announcements ED mentioned that the Pyra logo actually has TWO RGB LEDs and not just one.

Are they independently controllable?

If so - I could see it getting some interesting effects...

Picture using pulsing randomly rotating, flickering and alternating shades of red & orange with the occasional blue/white/yellow to make the logo look like it's actually on fire.

Maybe have it alternate/flip side to side blue/red (police mode).

It could pulse different colors for messaging alerts.

Flashing bright white light as an addition to an alarm clock mode.

Slowly changing from red to yellow to green for charging status while closed.

And my favorite setting... stealth mode while open - nothing happening/on/etc...

Just thought of another one - slowly pulse one color for being connected to WiFi and another for 4G/3G/etc...

Or, simply have it duplicate the two internal LED states when the lid is closed.  From a virtual perspective it would be as if the two keyboard area LEDs were shining through...

Yes, they are. You will be able to do the weirdest things here :)

Especially with all those motion control sensors... the redder it gets, the closer you are to a geocache :p
Maybe we could print a variety of adhesive covers that partially obscure it. Cool to see the batman signal projected.

Especially with all those motion control sensors... the redder it gets, the closer you are to a geocache :p
Maybe we could print a variety of adhesive covers that partially obscure it. Cool to see the batman signal projected.
Cool idea, but the physics of light don't quite work that way - without focusing optics or distance from the light source, the light coming through the Pyra logo will be too diffuse.  You might get something at 1-3cm, but it isn't likely to be discernible on a wall or ceiling. 

Cool idea, but the physics of light don't quite work that way - without focusing optics or distance from the light source, the light coming through the Pyra logo will be too diffuse.  You might get something at 1-3cm, but it isn't likely to be discernible on a wall or ceiling. 
Of course. I'm thinking more along the lines then of printing a custom plastic insert to replace the standard Pyra swirly plate in whatever shape desired. We'd need to remove the lid first to get at it, and of course ED would have to release the measurements to extrude your own design to fit.  

Talking about the cutout here.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back