NEW: Samsung Game Controller

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Samsung is launching a Game Controller attachment for its smartphones around mid year.

Here's the breaking story:  http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/samsung-prototype-wireless-game-pad-hands-on/

Here's a pic of the Prototype:

samcondsc08035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the design will probably change, the pic above is a prototype

If this doesn't spark Apple to launch the game controller they have reportedly been sitting on, then nothing will.  My guess, expect something from Apple in the next 12 months.

Oh by the way, a bit off topic, but the new version of Blutrol v 3.0 was released .  It has full analogue nub  support for the ICP and full support for new controllers like the PS3 Dual shock, PhoneJoy, duogamer etc.   Awesome stuff.

Nintendo are not doing well, that much is true, however, they are sitting on about $10 Billion in cash which should buy them Pizza and Beer for the next decade or so.

Nintendo are not doing well, that much is true, however, they are sitting on about $18 Billion in cash which should buy them Pizza and Beer for the next decade or so.
every big electronics company always look just fine when their business starts to decline...atari, thq and nokia(to some extent)  among others are some examples of this.

Nintendo are not doing well, that much is true, however, they are sitting on about $10 Billion in cash which should buy them Pizza and Beer for the next decade or so.
Everyone seems to forget that Nintendo have 3DS (The money maker!), Pokemon and they also have CRAPCOM making some MH games for them...so they're far from 'not doing well', let alone broke. I'm not their accountant, but I'm pretty sure they have more than 10b in the bank.

^ Well they have made a financial loss the past couple of years,  Their cash reserve has shrunk from 1.3 Trillion yen in 2008 to just under 1 trillion in 2012.

The 3DS is selling well, but not very profitable except for the games they sell for it.   The Wii U is doing pretty bad at the moment , which is whats hampering them the most.. The Wii U was actually outsold in the US  5 to 1 by the Xbox 360 in February . Not good considering the next gen Xbox has yet to come.

Wii U's hw & sw sales will pick up in due time, just like the 3DS did.

Also, Nintendo are still in the hardware making business for a reason...because they have money, a lot of it.

They should have done a SEGA (software base company) 10 years ago, you know.

It would have been awesome if Sega could have managed to stick around, the Dreamcast was a great machine.

Back