New Sudoku For Gp2x

XaMMaX90

My first fenix game! Coming soon =)
It is include a lot of extra to unlock and 50 levels.
What are you think about it?
sudoku2xfl4.png

P.S.
Sorry for my english ^_^

It's looks kewl so far, I will give it a go.

My only criticism is that the backgrounds have too much contrast, usually you need to separate the play area and the background, presently they bleed into each other too much and it could get a little confusing.

Here's an example, I have taken one of your screen shots (Original on the left) and I have given the background less contrast (Image on the right):
BeforeAfter.png

Anyway, good luck with the game and I look forward to playing it :)

Clare.

Here's my two cents - some cheesy advice from a non-programmer.

1. It looks fantastic - nice interface.
2. I second Ms. UK's background comments. Though the lower left one is fine.
3. I also second suggestion to employ some sort of puzzle generator to make it infinitely interesting.
4. Also, I would love to see some beginner puzzles. I am sudoku rookie and need some wimpy puzzles to get my feet wet.
5. And most important - put in some really cool "YOU WON!" type screen/animation/music. It's nice to have a payoff.

I look forward to checking it out.-mb

My only criticism is that the backgrounds have too much contrast, usually you need to separate the play area and the background, presently they bleed into each other too much and it could get a little confusing.
Then it will looks like this:
newxx1.png

is there a feature to take "notes"? (little numbers in corner of a box)
No at the moment. I don't really know ... should i add notes :unsure: ?
1. It looks fantastic - nice interface.
Thank you!
3. I also second suggestion to employ some sort of puzzle generator to make it infinitely interesting.
Please make it auto generate the puzzles so we have infinite levels instead of 50
Oh well... i think i will add 2 mode: first mode is "story"(50 levels and a lot of extra to unlock) and second mode is "classic"(unlimit levels and no extra)....
4. Also, I would love to see some beginner puzzles. I am sudoku rookie and need some wimpy puzzles to get my feet wet.
...hm...then i will add "beginner" mode(5 levels with "how to play" instruction).
5. And most important - put in some really cool "YOU WON!" type screen/animation/music. It's nice to have a payoff.
Of course! I working on it right now ) I think you will love it!

P.S.
Sorry for my english, again 8)

XaMMaX90 posted on Feb 4 2007 at 03:08 PM said:
is there a feature to take "notes"? (little numbers in corner of a box)
No at the moment. I don't really know ... should i add notes :unsure: ?
I'm not sure if you get what I mean...
I mean that when you're not sure wether a box is a 2 or a 3 for example, that you can use another button, to write the numbers (2,3 in this case) in the corner of the box, in a smaller font.
Its very hard to remember all that stuff in you're head, you see :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean that when you're not sure wether a box is a 2 or a 3 for example, that you can use another button, to write the numbers (2,3 in this case) in the corner of the box, in a smaller font.
Its very hard to remember all that stuff in you're head, you see tongue.gif
No i get it. Ok i think i will add this if you need it ^_-

Wow, this looks great. :) Everyone digs Suduko, and the graphics are really nicely polished. I'm looking forward to this.

Sounds great, and I second all the commments here.

One thing: "Lives"? Surely Sudoku doesn't have lives? Won't that remove half the fun of trying numbers out, Sudoku is by nature a bit trial and error! Please let's just have freeplay of this one...

Good work though, looks great.

®

XaMMaX90 posted on Feb 4 2007 at 09:05 PM said:
Its very hard to remember all that stuff in you're head, you see tongue.gif
No i get it. Ok i think i will add this if you need it ^_-

Cool ;)

Thanks for this, looks great, and with notes added it will be complete (for me)...

Shirohagen posted on Feb 10 2007 at 11:24 AM said:
Sounds great, and I second all the commments here.

One thing: "Lives"? Surely Sudoku doesn't have lives? Won't that remove half the fun of trying numbers out, Sudoku is by nature a bit trial and error! Please let's just have freeplay of this one...

Good work though, looks great.

®

Lives are OK if you have notes as then you really don't need to make mistakes in order to "try things out".. I kind of like the idea of penalties for mistakes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not that big of a Sudoku fan, but this looks fun! cant wait for a release (but yeah, the lives concept is good but for n00bs like me, it would be a pain) but still, it will probably make things more challenging, Great Job!

Back