New Version Of The Movieplayer!

surround (4.0) sound should be possible without hardware changes, for higher demands a usb sound olution my help.

Eso Rimmer posted on Jul 26 2006 at 10:59 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Jul 26 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
I'm not sure exactly what this will add (besides better text support for subs),...

I'm getting the same "subtitle error" mesages, so suptitles aren'n better. :(

Hurrrayyy i have subtitles with national characters! (ľščťžýáíé) No subtitles error - and i use .srt no .smi (movie and subtitle with same name) in encoding CP1250!

Last edited by a moderator:
Havran:
WOW! I Tried sub and smi and it didn't worked. I'm going to try srt...

EDIT:
So I coverted subtitles to SRT format, but I'm still getting only subbtitle error with ěščřžýáíé characters. :( How did you get it working?

Eso Rimmer posted on Aug 1 2006 at 03:21 PM said:
Havran:
WOW! I Tried sub and smi and it didn't worked. I'm going to try srt...

EDIT:
So I coverted subtitles to SRT format, but I'm still getting only subbtitle error with ěščřžýáíé characters. :( How did you get it working?

My experience: I copy new mplayer with all files into his own directory. In next directory i copy video (The IT Crowd episode 2 with original (not converted) czech subtitles. And next i run through tools mplayer, goto sd card, select video and run it. Sometimes (i think if i try fastforward) i have subtitles error, but if i play video normaly first subtitles show correct and next fastforward work too. (Maybe little trick with first, zero time subtitle help?).

Good luck!

yay! great version, works much better than the original,

for example i had a 71mins movie that was only recognized as 42 mins long by the original player , you could not seek over, but it could keep reading it anyway, weird bug ...

this one works perfect! :D

Yes this one is definitely better than the original but there is one BIG problem in this movieplayer; There is no tv out support. :(

diesel604 posted on Jul 27 2006 at 11:26 AM said:
Hi I'm having trouble running mp2x :(

1. Files Xvids & DivX files which work with the regular firmware 2.0 mplayer work fine...however using mp2x it says gives me the "File Not Supported" error.

I'm having this problem too, with an Xvid file which plays on the regular mplayer, although crashes occasionally. Is this new version of the movie player supposed to support all the codecs of the original as well as the new ones?

Thanks.

I have a few questions

1.) I encode my video using aac+xvid in a mp4 container, will this play those files back?
2.) all my music is aac/.mp4/.m4a, and the built in audio player can't seem to play these files. Is there an alternet player or a work around using mplayer as my default audio player to make this work?
3.) Is there alredy or a plan in the works to port xmms to the gp2x

thanks in advance

Back