New Version Of Wire3d

A_SN said:
Interesting. I like your use of vector graphics. What do you use to antialias your lines? Looks like linear anti-aliasing to me.

Anyways, I couldn't get past the one tutorial which says something like "you can only target 3 cubes, shoot two from each group" I keep failing this one, I just don't get it.

Oh also, I noticed quite some geometrical distorition in the render of your cubes when they're far from the center of the screen.
I just use the excellent SDL_gfx library, I tried to write an implementation of Bresenham's line drawing algorithm once and it sucked so I really don't know what aa algorithm was used, just that the non-aa lines were too blocky for my, admittedly retro, tastes.

The wording of the third tutorial is , "there is a maximum number of cubes you can target at once for each level", "here you can only target 3" , "destroy cubes in 2 groups". So what you need to do is select 3 cubes (the maximum) and destroy them then select the remaining 3 and destroy them then you will pass the level. In the current release you can also target the letters which is a bug I have now fixed so make the most of it :)

The geometric distortion is a result of the perspective transform. That transfomation is supposed to simulate not only the fact that objects that are far away are smaller but also, to a limited extent, a lens of some kind. Objects that are near the edge of the view through a lens are also distorted so this transformation also distorts them. I quite like the effect, it is so much nicer than a simple orthographic projection, it has more life somehow.

Enjoy!
charlieb

Last edited by a moderator:
rokdcasbah said:
i enjoyed the "lens" distortion, but i also enjoyed the letter targeting bug and will be sad to see it go :)
Yes well, it was an easy way to get through the tutorials but I needed un-targetable objects for backgrounds and I used the text to test it. Sorry :)

charlieb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back