New Video

lulzfish said:
Yeah, people [Just the one guy from the other thread, actually] seemed to think I was being critical in that
Assuming I was making an assumption? point being, like gruso said, it was unoptimized and made because of impatient users, not because they have the software at release quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
The ultimate test of multitasking, in my mind, will be if it can play MP3s in the background, and the PS1 emulator at full screen on the foreground.
Check this out: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zxnnmnmljo5/MOV01015_xvid.avi

This is a full video from boot to PSX emu running. It's pretty crappy with my camera failing to focus in and out, but you can see the potential of multitasking. You can see that I set the clock to 600MHz and then decide I should go to 800MHz just to be sure it's stable. The intro movie runs way too fast and I shouldn't have gone so high but that's good news.

I don't know if this one is worth blogging about or anything and it certainly isn't going on Youtube, but GP32X'ers can enjoy.

MWeston said:
I don't know if this one is worth blogging about or anything and it certainly isn't going on Youtube, but GP32X'ers can enjoy.

Media embargo, got it. :ph34r: Thanks, grabbing now.

[edit] Cool. :) You know, I don't think you need a better camera, you just need to turn autofocus off if possible.

MWeston said:
WizardStan said:
The ultimate test of multitasking, in my mind, will be if it can play MP3s in the background, and the PS1 emulator at full screen on the foreground.

This is a full video from boot to PSX emu running. It's pretty crappy with my camera failing to focus in and out, but you can see the potential of multitasking. You can see that I set the clock to 600MHz and then decide I should go to 800MHz just to be sure it's stable. The intro movie runs way too fast and I shouldn't have gone so high but that's good news.

Awesome. I enjoyed

One thing though, I noticed it's still using Enlightenment as the WM.
Wasn't it decided that something else would be used? sorry to nitpick...

MWeston said:
Very nice. Some work still obviously needs to be done, and I can appreciate why Craig wouldn't have wanted that last part to be made too public, but it's good to see it's progressed to the level it has. I'd feel better if the music player didn't keep redrawing over the foreground like that, but I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually and get a patch in place. Didn't seem to cause the gimp any problems, so I have to assume it's an issue with the full screen mode the PSX emulator uses as opposed to something in the OS itself.
Now stop trying to please everybody with videos and get the danged thing finished and out the door. :D

Thanks for that, MWeston - very interesting to see. :) (Two videos in one night, too! :D)

MWeston said:
The intro movie runs way too fast and I shouldn't have gone so high but that's good news.
For some reason, like many things, that intro looks oddly amusing at superspeed. :p

All I can say is sweet man!!

Don't make videos I will not survive the wait if you do ;)

But to be fair I have P4 computers that can run MP3,Gimp,and Firefox together (ok it's runing XP dad will not let my switch it over to Linux on him).

I can't what for the power man.

WizardStan said:
MWeston said:
Very nice. Some work still obviously needs to be done, and I can appreciate why Craig wouldn't have wanted that last part to be made too public, but it's good to see it's progressed to the level it has. I'd feel better if the music player didn't keep redrawing over the foreground like that, but I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually and get a patch in place. Didn't seem to cause the gimp any problems, so I have to assume it's an issue with the full screen mode the PSX emulator uses as opposed to something in the OS itself.
Now stop trying to please everybody with videos and get the danged thing finished and out the door. :D

Minimize audacious first.

That was a nice surprise to wake up to! Good job...keep up the hard work...although maybe try to get some sleep too chaps. We don't want you all burned out.

I can't either: guess there are too many Pandorians trying to download it and swamping the server :D

Thanks for the new vid :)

It would be cool if someone had an alternative link to the other vid, it doesn't work for me.

Mweston, i assume this is done purely using the internal flash memory?

Any chance off using a SD card ( preferably one with 15MB/s R/W ) with the OS on it, and running the same actions? The internal flash is probably whats slowing things down ( 4MB/s Read if i remember correctly from the beagleboard? ).

Benjiro said:
Mweston, i assume this is done purely using the internal flash memory?

Any chance off using a SD card ( preferably one with 15MB/s R/W ) with the OS on it, and running the same actions? The internal flash is probably whats slowing things down ( 4MB/s Read if i remember correctly from the beagleboard? ).
Nope I think he's it from an SD card. Only the final Angstrom will run from internal flash. Besides that it's also much easier to develop and mess around with things on an SD card :D.

Back