Newbie At Mame4All On Wiz

hootsmon

Still Fresh
Hi all
Im new to the WIZ and im having probs with Mame4All.
I have a few games working and im going by the list of working game
but still most dont work!
They mostly say cant find files and fail to load.
is they a better ROM set out there as the one im using only
has about a 2 in 10 working rate.
im getting the ROMs from EMUPARADISE.

Thanx :)

forces/before said:
do you have zipped or unzipped roms? (they have to be zipped)

They are all zipped...some work but other dont and the are on the list of so-called working Roms

Last edited by a moderator:
the rom version is very important, not every rom version works with every emulator version. that's all i remember, never got into mame that much :)

I've found that if you go download ROMs they probably won't work as they are for newer versions of MAME.
I used a bittorrent client to download a GP2X WIZ MAME ROM set. Everything works ;) .

Zaephen said:
I've found that if you go download ROMs they probably won't work as they are for newer versions of MAME.
I used a bittorrent client to download a GP2X WIZ MAME ROM set. Everything works ;) .

cool...do you have a link to it ?
:)

hootsmon said:
Zaephen said:

cool...do you have a link to it ?
:)
Not sure but I think such a post would be against forum rules. I will say Google it. It's not that hard to find ;) .

hootsmon said:
can you mail me the link ?
:) :)
I could but I think all the PM's and emails sent from this site are logged and reviewed by the admins, plus I think that would also probably break the rules.
Seriously, Google it. I found them no problem ;) .

Google for underground gamer, sign up for a site that might come up in the listings, search for what might be a Wiz Mame collection on said website, enjoy.

As for the missing files I'm guessing you probably need the parent rom. For example the commando us rom won't work unless I have the commando world rom (parent) in the same folder. You could go here for finding a game's parent rom (no illegal roms on site just info) .

Also you could convert your rom set ,if you're still having trouble with games, with clrmamepro. Tutorial here it says its for gp2x but the conversion process is the same for wiz

hope that helps

Back