News from the embedded world

Linus got a normal life, with wife and childrens. This proves he cant do genius things anymore.
Since when does it prove that? You can find many examples of people who actually did invent great things late in their lives. Of course you have more free time when you are your teens and early 20s, but what comes with experience is valuable as well.

I don't think his job has much to do with Linux, git or that diving program he's currently having fun with.

If I recall correctly, his dayjob is something entirely different, closed source even...

He's a full time employee of the Linux Foundation now, that's something of the past (he left in 2003). He's being payed for being the head maintainer of the kernel, signing off sets of patches from other maintainers and making some core design decisions n' stuff. It's not like he would still really need to work for his money, the stock market launch of Red Hat already made him a millionaire.

Ah ok, it's still a module ! Thought not.

@WizardStan, some phones can call emergency numbers even without simcards. I was told that in first aid courses three years ago.
Replace "some" by "all modern" and you'll get it right. All the phones I've had could call 112 without a sim card. If you're paranoid, consider this:

1. There could be other numbers (perhaps country-specific) dedicated to national security and not widely advertised, but sill working without a SIM.

2. Even if there are no such numbers, the simple fact of connecting to GSM network discloses your IMEI and thus your location.

Back