The tests continue...

Keep making steps forward and eventually we will see a Pyra. Hopefully sometime this year.

Two months,... just two more months... :p

As always is great to hear how things are evolving. Thanks a lot for keeping us updated.

I'm everyday more eager to get mine, I have faith that most things will be sorted for the production run.

I miss the eSATA tests on the list.

aaand I'd like to have the logo aluminium Plate NOT glues in place. But I can also play around with an extra lid. Or do all pre-preorders get a extra Lid anyway? :oops:

It wouldn't look as good if it's on the other side and you'd need to glue it anyways, as it would rattle around :)

Not sideways, as the shape isnt circular. And not on the Z axis if you add padding against the screen.
Making the insert use all the space is the would-work-but-risky option.

Edit: In my head there is a chance of glue alone failing. If bent enough it will naturally separate the insert from the screen.

Padding against the screen is not a good idea - everytime someone or something presses on the logo, it could cause damage to the screen.

Padding against the screen is not a good idea - everytime someone or something presses on the logo, it could cause damage to the screen.

Another option...?

What if the logo were simply embossed (thinner area) on a semi-translucent case lid? The logo would show up much brighter than the surrounding plastics - which would make it stand out. The case 'color' could still be the same, but that cross section would need to be very thin to make it work - may be too thin for structural needs. One outer lid part instead of 3 simplifies assembly though which is a plus?

With the choosing of the durable Polycarbonate as case material, it actualy should be no problem to make the logo like once planed straight into the outer shell, without any visible framing around. I can't see any serious issue there, the first design feelt legit: logo shaped hole in the outer shell and clear/frosted plastic piece glued in from behind, done.

The case material doesn't have much to do with the accuracy needed to put it into the case seamlessly.

I see what you mean with the padding. Screens cant take that much abuse from the back.

How about it clicks into place? The idea of not having to use glue, and that it can be user-replacable is a compelling one.

You could even sell blanks. A lot of designs will work, as i now understand there to be a choice between negative or positive space.

Another idea is for something that holds a uSD card, or a tripod mount, or hotshoe for example.

I know superglue (for plastic) turns liquid again when heated up by for example a heat pistol, then again thats probably a much better idea if the screen lid has been disassembled beforehand.

There are types for metal/plastic, i dont understand where the aluminium goes though. Does it affect wireless transmission much?

You really want poor WiFi reception, don't you? :p

Potential Antenna use :O!

Has that been though of ED (the aluminum logo)? Even if it is impractical.

Back in the mid 2000s when I was a lil teenie I would stuff my desktop tower with a Sprite can because the connection to the modem was so horrible. I thought I was so smart at the time.

Last edited:
Oh, @EvilDragon , while you are at it, can you test in what position the device falls down ? (maybe test it on a pillow :p)

For me the Pandora was always falling on the right shoulder button

Mine landed on both already.
Because of my 4 shoulder buttons I'm afraid I'll break something when replacing them.
So now "L" doesn't click any more but works and "R" hangs a little.

No clicking is nice for typing as it's silent.
It's bad for gaming as "L" deletes the save in Banjo Kazooie and I didn't notice I pressed it.

Only R on mine, and as i used the PSX Emulator some weeks later when i allready fixed the Button, then i found out, the Button was still mapped to o on keyboard..

Back