Tests, tests, and more tests.

The 1600 supports DDR3-800, DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600.

The DDR3-1866 supports all these but additionally DDR3-1866 (so it's a bit faster, if your SoC supports it).

They always support slower frequencies, just not higher ones.
Ah thats clear thanks.. :)
[doublepost=1539028608,1539028430][/doublepost]
I see! That's interesting. So perhaps 400 should be tried then?

Well they also reported running to slow could lead to faults... but I guess 400 and 533 could be tried... still strange OMAP5 spec is 532

Is it possible it's a typo? And it's really 533 that's the maximum supported?
Assuming that 533 is the IO clock and is in MHz that means an effective RAM speed of 1066MTps or 1.066GTps. I forget if the quickest way to read sequential data to a single register is using an STMID or a separate LDR and SUB ARM mnemonics, and what the clock timings for those are, but it almost certainly takes more than two clock cycles between every access even if you use relative addressing to the start of the ram block and count down to zero using a SUBS then a conditional BNE to provide the loop return path, meaning the maximum usual RAM access rate from the core is clock/3, so about 0.5GTps at 32 bits wide at 1.5GHz clock. If the memory can really be run that fast, it seems as if we don't really need so much caching; I must be missing something, perhaps the DDR RAM is not 32-bits wide or something. If you were doing a simple memcpy analogue and you could afford to push used registers to the stack temporarily and use multiple registers in a STM instruction you could perhaps get the memory bandwidth more saturated.

I understand only Train Station ,
So whit this diverent MHz thing, the 4gb Pyra will work??

Fortunately I have no a lot of EBooks on my Kindle to waste another 2 Months..

No my GPD Win still works like pretty well,
i used it last week to build me a Songbook for my Ebook Reader, but as i have now a XBOX, for my GTA, Farming Sim and Spintires, i ditnt use it much..
The Kindle was pretty atracktive for me because its waterproof and thin,

We could try overclocking OMAP to 533, it's < 1% overclock so maybe it

No its not. its 0,19%. And this is the reason why there is so much BS again.

Back