Next huge milestone reached!

@Nikolaus: chapeau! (I tip my hat to you)... or as Germans say: Super Geil mann!

If its value is too big, a nasty effect occurs: the 25 MHz clock becomes a pure
sine wave.
So why did it only happen at the start? Why didn't it keep happening (even irregularly) during normal use?

The MMC driver probably lowered the reading speed of the card after it got a few CRC errors.
Does that mean faster (maybe non-existent yet) cards might still have a problem (and get reduced speed) with the "10" thing?

Good job on the progress. I bet you are super excited to be closely arriving at the Pyra's completion.

Y
Unfortunately we did choose 15pF - which is too big for the OMAP5 MMC interface.
And it was indeed finding the needle in the haystack. But that is the fun if we have it :)
Reminds me on a task I had at 32c3. With the novena project we had a battery management board behaving oddly and spend about 2h together with bunnie and some impressive equipment a friend brought.
In the end it was a resistor, which was 10 times of the labeled value (like 10kOhm instead of 1kOhm). And that was only 1 in 32 directly from the rail! (was automatic populatin, too).
So perhaps keep that in mind, if some Pyra behaves oddly in production.
Butw as also fun to fin out...

It's a workstation motherboard using an IBM POWER ISA chip, approximately the same architecture used in pre-intel Macs, post-commodore Amigas, the PS3, XBox 360, and the various Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube, although really a separate line developed from those targeting more HPC and server roles. It's not going to compete with either x86-64 or ARM based boards on bang per buck and I'd expect it to run hot due to where it's come from, but it claims to be more open (perhaps due to apparently needing no binary blobs to boot and run).

It's a workstation motherboard using an IBM POWER ISA chip, approximately the same architecture used in pre-intel Macs, post-commodore Amigas, the PS3, XBox 360, and the various Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube, although really a separate line developed from those targeting more HPC and server roles. It's not going to compete with either x86-64 or ARM based boards on bang per buck and I'd expect it to run hot due to where it's come from, but it claims to be more open (perhaps due to apparently needing no binary blobs to boot and run).
Pretty much. I really like not having to worry about proprietary firm-/software on my computers (hence why I own a Libreboot Thinkpad X200, but I want something more powerful for my desk). I'd like to know the idle power for the board, though … hopefully it's not more than what my currently unused AMD system (whose case I would put the Talos in) uses when I start it without anything to do (granted, half of that is the GPU anyway).

That's good news to hear!!!!!! I can't hardly wait to see a video of the fully working pyra xD

Back