1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

We've started to order things!

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Feb 16, 2017.

1. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

I'm not your friend. I'm your worst enemy... I'm evil.... muahahahaa.

rSl, ChunkyPenguin, Razy and 8 others like this.
  2. Haraldur

Haraldur Active Member

I think it is good that @m@t asks questions, as I like some of the answers -- but he could avoid the distracting comments about his tone by moderating a little. It may be too late now, though, as some may be searching for "anger" in his posts, even if it is not truly there.

ThinkPad and m@t like this.
  3. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

Sounds like you need some sleep good sir.

FBnil likes this.
  4. gpsqueeek

gpsqueeek Still Fresh

Well, you never know how long a dragon might sleep ^^
    I am not sure how dragons fit with humour though, it might be that they cannot handle it, or that they are just making fund of us all the time at a level that is so high we just cannot notice it.

ClockworkCoder likes this.
  5. mecksg1

mecksg1 Member

to me the one thing i keep seeing is that when ever @m@t doesn't get the answer he wants he gets angry every time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2017 at 9:06 PM ---
    well ED your my friend:D

zacharycramer00 likes this.
  6. m@t

m@t Still Fresh

@mecksg1: Maybe you have to Calm down. You sound a bit angry. ;)

I like the project a lot. And i like the person ED too.

My Problem is: I don't feel informed well and i don't think i am the only one who feels that way. Many peoples on that forum makes it very hard to communicate that or ask critical question.
    Don't ask or you will be bullied!
    I don't care what you think about me or if you think i am to "angry". But many others care about such things.

Fact is: The Pyra is delayed for a looong time. There where many reasonable causes for that. But in my opinion there are not reasonable causes too.
    ED: You talk a lot about why you don't have time for the Pyra in your live. And i understand that. Many people don't have time for many things.
    But we have preordered and gave you money. So it isn't an private Project anymore. Sorry but you have to have time for it now. :(
    But i think you know all of that.

7. Twiitcher

Twiitcher Member

/sigh

Twiitcher

ible likes this.
  8. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Well, I must say you've got a funny way of showing it sometimes ;)

Edit: Removed font code accidentally left in, making this look more important than it really was ;)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 4:47 AM
    ible likes this.
  9. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

I'm assuming you don't get the reference, but even if you do I'll serve up a slice of history for those that don't.
    Way way back at the dawn of time, the Pandora had been delayed and delayed and delayed. Craig had unfortunately kept really quiet about production: if you think *this* is missing transparency, than the original Pandora development was like a brick wall. But we trusted him, for the most part figuring he knew what he was doing, and let the issue slide.
    Until things started to not add up. Some people raised some very pertinent questions, much the way @m@t has, but instead of answering those questions Craig just responded to belligerence with belligerence. The arguable pinnacle of this was when one prominent forum member asked a question, I forget exactly what it was, but Craig's response was, as EvilDragon quoted "WHAT'S YOUR ORDER NUMBER?", ostensibly a threat that if people were going to badger him he'd simply cancel their orders.
    It was such a surreal response that it became a meme after a while. Sometimes even in recent memory people still use it to jokingly say they're angry about something.

10. Alec

Alec Member

11. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

12. bzar

bzar A Commando

Sorry for butting in, but it's not like he's deciding not to have more time. Time is a limited resource for all of us. You can't expect someone to have 25 hours per day or skip eating, sleeping, or earning a living to get a project done faster. ED outlined an example of his weekly routine in a recent news post. Where do you expect him to find more time?

jeeks and ClockworkCoder like this.
  13. gpb

gpb Still Fresh

It's futile:
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don't_feed_the_Troll

14. okpyra429

okpyra429 Still Fresh

It's fine. I'm fascinated by how civil this discussion is for months. Not sure if flapjack and mat are the same but they surely both make a lot of deliberate typos and misspellings and are here to disrupt.

They are still customer and community member and have right for dialog and freedom of expression unless they break a couple simple rules. They happen to know rules well and are smart enough to never cross the line.

15. m@t

m@t Still Fresh

Well, that's not my Problem. And i don't intend to tell ED how he have to split his day/week-time.
    But he have to find the time somehow (and he does often), otherwise he has to cancel the project and no one wants that to happen.

Just to live up to my reputation: Maybe he should find the time by not posting long examples of his weekly routine. ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Original Post Date: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:59 AM ---
    The only one trolling right now is you!

English is not my native language. You have a problem with that?

ThinkPad likes this.
  16. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

Why is this thread turning into a youtube comment section?

FBnil, zmatt, ible and 1 other person like this.
  17. jeeks

jeeks Active Member

there, i fixed it :p

FBnil and Kippykip like this.
  18. bzar

bzar A Commando

That's a false dichotomy. There's a whole dimension of other options, namely the project taking the time it takes. He, as the rest of the team, find the time that they find and the project progresses at a pace limited by that (and external factors). It's not a matter of either happening in some optimal schedule or not at all.

Of course there's a function of people cancelling the longer the project takes and running costs eat away the profitability all the time, and there's certainly some threshold of these that make the project no longer feasible. But short of hearing something of the sort straight from the dragon's mouth I'm not convinced we're anywhere near that point. For now, it's probably better in the long run to take the time to do this properly instead of rushing it to market. Most of the stuff that's taking the time are parts that either can be used with any future CPU boards or need to be done with proper care anyway (like the charging part), which makes investing time and patience in them now rather than later a particularly good choice.

Neelix, Akko and ClockworkCoder like this.
  19. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

Thanks, I was gonna say...
    This would've been the most civil youtube comment section I've seen in a while. :p

20. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

zacharycramer00 and Kippykip like this.