Nintendo 64 Emulation

sareks

Casual gamer
Hi, from what I know there's only one N64 emulator so far.

"Mupen64Plus win-devel"

What are your experiences with working games? Are there any other better working emulators / releases?

As for mine, a lot of video and sound stuttering so basically games are unplayable :(

Last edited by a moderator:

"Mupen64Plus win-devel"

What are your experiences with working games? Are there any other better working emulators / releases?

As for mine, a lot of video and sound stuttering so basically games are unplayable :(
Unfortunately yes there is only the one emulator right now...

As you may now attempts have been made to try and improve it: Ari64 wrote the dynamic recompilor and it got much faster, BZFrank spent some time trying to optimise the GLES video plugin.

I lack the knowledge in how to work on the code for Mupen itself but I also tried to optimise the configurations for performance.

At this time there are no other real alternatives but you could check out the Android version of Mupen or join us in waiting for Paulscode to release his Pandora port...

Also you should make sure to Overclock as much as you can when running Mupen - overclock the RAM too.

"Mupen64Plus win-devel"

Unfortunately yes there is only the one emulator right now...

As you may now attempts have been made to try and improve it: Ari64 wrote the dynamic recompilor and it got much faster, BZFrank spent some time trying to optimise the GLES video plugin.

I lack the knowledge in how to work on the code for Mupen itself but I also tried to optimise the configurations for performance.

At this time there are no other real alternatives but you could check out the Android version of Mupen or join us in waiting for Paulscode to release his Pandora port...

Also you should make sure to Overclock as much as you can when running Mupen - overclock the RAM too.
Thanks for the fast reply, which one is the latest version of Mupen that you would recommend?

Back