Nintendo Ds Vs Gp32

'In addition to doubling the number of screens, Nintendo has increased screen size from 2.9-inches to 3.0-inches, and resolution has also increased from 240x160 to 256x192. GBA games played on the DS will appear in letterbox format, because the GBA screen has a lower resolution than the DS screen. The two backlit Nintendo DS screen displays are identical in size and resolution, but the bottom display features a transparent analog touch screen that offers players a novel, new way to interact with the system.'

That's from the GAMESPOT review... :p
Maybe it's something you want to know... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo DS:

Cons:

2 screens
touch screen
less homebrew
less emulators
everything costs $
everythings proprietary
slower cpu's (even when combined)
Wal-Mart Guy
The Community
Ok... what? How exactly is touch screen a con? And since it can already play GBA stuff, it already has far more homebrew than the GP32 and probably the same number of emus, and even if it didn't you can't list that as a con, since it's only been out for freaking 3 days! Once someone develops a flash card for it (which will happen), you'll see masses of homebrew and emus coming out, which will be a lot more fun with the extra features!

Edit: Nuts, I missed my 500th post :(

NOTE: I already have a gp32_console BLU :)
This is a review of the DS, but also a comparison with the GP, so it fits
in this forum.

I'm doing this cause I'm thinking a tiny bit about buying a ds to go with my gp
when the price gets a little lower. So...

Nintendo DS:

Pros:

2 screens
touch screen
GBA compatibility
Real Time Clock
Commercial Games
More 3D games (maybe)
2 cpu's: DS main cpu (ARM-9 @ 67 mhz), Graphics/GBA cpu (ARM-7 @ 33 mhz)
better multiplayer gaming
The Community

Cons:

2 screens
touch screen
less homebrew
less emulators
everything costs $
everythings proprietary
slower cpu's (even when combined)
Wal-Mart Guy
The Community

Gp32:

Pros:
Homebrew
Emulators
FREE STUFF!
Blazing Fast 133mhz+ CPU (mines 166)
Non Proprietary
The Community

Cons:

Less commercial games
worse multiplayer gaming
bugs
Gameparks a sucky company
The Community
What exactly is your "review"based on?

What games have you played on it?

As far as I can see you dont actually own the DS, it looks like you've just posted a load of stats that you've read somewhere.

I will refrain from posting views about something which I havent even used until I actually get mine this week.

What do you think THIS means?
Nintendo Ds Vs Gp32, I don't own a Ds so add to it.
I'm just thinking about eventually buying a DS, and I am interested in your
knowledge and opinions. I put this in reviews because it would help out anyone who is deciding on getting a DS, which is what a review is for. And I know this
is supposed to be about GP32 reviews, but it compares it with the gp32 to give the
reader a better idea.

Yeah good call (I didnt see the sub-heading) :D

Why do you list the touch screen as a con?

Maybe because many developers will use it in a stupid gimmicky way ruining the game. If they require you to tap the screen to fire that would be retarded for example, why not just tap a button? There will be cases where game makers will use the touch screen just because it is there rather than because it actually adds something to game play.

Yeah good call (I didnt see the sub-heading) :D

Why do you list the touch screen as a con?

Maybe because many developers will use it in a stupid gimmicky way ruining the game. If they require you to tap the screen to fire that would be retarded for example, why not just tap a button? There will be cases where game makers will use the touch screen just because it is there rather than because it actually adds something to game play.
These are the first wave of games give it a chance to prove itself.

You can bet that Nintendo will come up with loads of original uses for the touch screen, remember they are pioneers in the controller field...

Exactly what I meant :) . Same thing with the 2 screens idea.

EDIT: 150 Posts :)

The Nintendo DS is a nice piece of kit, but you can't compare the GP32 to it really. The battle of the handhelds is between DS and PSP. The GP32 is a retro gaming delight which i'll never sell. gp32_console Rules!!

Ay, I got one of those DS's:

Img_0034.jpg

:D Got it cheap. And custom colored, too. Though, I cant find the cartridge slot anywhere... :unsure:

Maybe there's a bluetooth thingy inside! :lol: Get my games straight from tha 'Net.

Who cares, the screen is still too small. Unless they come out with a "big screen" mod, meh. I would rather play emus on my GP32 with a bigger screen and enough resolution to run them properly.

Maybe they could make it where you could plug it into a TV.
With a controller slot... It'd be like a Ique.

Still sounds sucky though. I wonder why the local Wal-Mart doesn't
have DS's.

I herd someone wanted comparison pics before

as you can see there isnt THAT much diffrence in te screen size

it is imo more comfortable to hold than GP32,GBA and GBASP

the screen is perfectly lit

There still is enough screen size difference for people to get mad at Nintendo for
not going the extra mile.

I think. Still no DS for me.

Back