Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Yep, not really switch related, they "just" emulate the wii version of the release game of the switch... Or am I wrong?

They are working on the emulation of the Wii U version of the game. The Emulator is in the works for a while now and looking how long Dolphin took to get decent frame rates, it might take a while until they have it working in good speed with no crashes. Zelda is a good game for Emulation anyways, as the are not using the second screen at all. It just flashes non stop telling me to touch to switch to Wii U handheld mode.

The graphics quality in Mario Galaxy f.e. is worlds apart when I check my original Gamecube with video out vs the emulated quality.

So I think it is a good thing in general. But I am currently playing Zelda ABOTW on my Wii U and I really like using my gyro function to aim - Won't be easy to emulate the controls. Also the game utilizes virtually every button on the Gamepad. Not aware if the Wii U pro controller works on PC?

So I am not worried about the Wii U emulation, but I really hope that the switch will not be hacked too soon - including game cartridge dumps, so that other developers than first Party will hop on the Switch bandwagon. I think one of the reasons of the Wii U failure was the fact, that it got hacked way too soon in its life cycle.
But the scene is already active as can be expected I guess...

I know these are just a few out of the hundreds of thousands sold but it is a bit of a worry for the products build quality, not everyone that gets a faulty unit will video it most will just take it back to where they bought it for a replacement/refund.

The problem is that those are design issues. Every unit has that problem. Some might be more careful putting the switch in the dock and most don't put in their joycons together the wrong way.

But it CAN happen to everyone. Especially the joycon thing it weird, as it seems their easily attached the wrong way but almost impossible to deassemble them again.

I have noticed a number of people commenting that they have no issues with their joycons , even if they go further away or cover them with their body. Might just be a bad batch. Should be an easy HW fix for Nintendo either way

Already fixed (saw a Youtube video about it).
Cut the trace to the antenna and sold a wire to it.

That's it.

Looks like the antenna is often covered by hands where it is right now... so moving it somewhere else works.

As everyone has different sized hands and holds them differently, I guess that's why not everyone is affected.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's it.

Looks like the antenna is often covered by hands where it is right now... so moving it somewhere else works.

As everyone has different sized hands and holds them differently, I guess that's why not everyone is affected.

Hi ED, I never said that quote above, it's a misquote.

I have the suspicion that they rushed the Switch out to the market to match the Zelda release date for the Wii U. Some of the issues seem so basic, that they should have been found during testing.
Also they did not even have enough time to have the virtual console ready at release - not even for the older systems like NES/SNES; that is just weird to me.

it's really weird that the company who makes devices that even i can't break (just as i typed this, my 3DS fell off my lap onto the floor lol) managed to release hardware that is so sensitive to its surroundings. i'll wait for the second generation, which i hope will happen (still love the design and the hybrid-iness of console/handheld) :)

i'll wait for the second generation, which i hope will happen

Me too.

I love Nintendo software, even though I was late to the party and only started with a GBA.

I'm desperate to play the new Zelda (A Link to the Past is still my favourite) but can't afford to get everything I want hardware wise, especially if it may break so easily (I'm clumsy enough as it is)

Waiting on a revision is my current plan as well. I know my son will want this for Christmas, so I can play his until the slim, mini, or whatever the hell shows up in a few years. I personally don't want to use this on a TV, so a more portable model, with a better battery and no TV hook up is my wish list.

Since this is called the "switch", I'm not sure if they would ever do a version where the controls can't be removed, but I don't need that either. A straight up handheld with decent power is all I want. All this other shit, they can keep and give me a cheaper more functional unit.

Chris

I wouldn't be surprised if the propose a cheaper unit that will be only for single player mobile gaming... On the model of their 2ds...

I wouldn't be surprised if the propose a cheaper unit that will be only for single player mobile gaming... On the model of their 2ds...

Well, they unified their handheld & console R&D departments awhile ago, so they could focus one unified style system(Nvidia Shield style). So unless the NS just flat out bombs, I expect an NS portable, or slim, where it is more handheld focused, cheaper, and doesn't include the TV option(can be sold separately).

Now of course, this all depends on how well the NS does, as it could go down that Wii U road, and then who knows what they may scheme. I personally think they would have been better off going the handheld route first, and then later promoting it as a system to be used in the home. As then it could have been cheaper, appealed to a wider audience, and gotten more 3rd party support.

I understand why the went the opposite way, and did the home first, and then maybe push the handheld later, as the 3DS still has life, and the Wii U was over for years, so I grasp why they did what they did, but I think it was the wrong way to go about it. Now, with the higher cost, and console perception, it will be seen as direct competition to the PS4/ONE, which are a way better value, and have tons of 3rd party support. A lot of consumers who want a 2DS/3DS at the holidays, I don't see that same crowd spending $400-$500 on a console of this nature. And since they stopped really supporting the U awhile ago, they needed something to fill that home void. Right or wrong, I guess we'll see over the next 6-12 months if it was the correct plan or not.

Chris

That's it.

Yeah I know, I was the one to post that video to fix the antennae a page or two back in this thread.

What I was saying in that post is that not everyone is having that joyconn issue. A lot of people have stated that they can take their joyconns into the next room and wrap their body around them and they work fine. So it could be a case of a bad batch which had not enough antennae and then Nintendo subsequently rectified it. We shall see. But yeah, my last point in what you quoted was about Nintendo fixing it if it's stil an issue, rather than a user fix

Well, if you want to play Zelda ABOTW just get a used Wii U. The versions are so close together, there is almost no difference (Exept maybe for a few more frame drops). But I am highly enjoying my playthrough right now on the Wii U - and I can finally get the dust off, that settled on it since I finished playing Xenoblade Chronicles X (fantastic RPG btw).

Also it plays Wii games and GC games, and emulators if you install some homerew - which makes it a really nice piece of hardware.

I will wait to get a switch until they allow me to use my digital 3DS purchases to transfer and play on the virtual console. So I guess it might be a pretty long wait if ever.

After 1 Week of Switch Using, i ditnt had many issues whit my Unit,
ok due to the bad wether in germany, i ditnt testet the Screen in Sunlight, and i played allmost the whole time in Handheldmode, no WIFI Issues so far,,,

But maybe my expections arent that hight because im also got used to my CC Pandora, but after many many hours of Zelda on this Thing i can say, its mybe the cooles Nintendo Handheld i got so far..

Dotnt have PS4, PS3, XBOX360 XBOXONE, or WII WIIU, so its also the most advanced console i have..

Dotnt have PS4, PS3, XBOX360 XBOXONE, or WII WIIU, so its also the most advanced console i have..
Don't trust the peoples saying this console is crap because it is less powerful than said ps and xbox anyway...
These people are strangely short sighted... What is important is the games, not the hardware. All Nintendo console too date have always been underpowered compared to the era and competitors, yet not only people were happy with them but many of them were huge commercial success. Knowing that, judging the switch on its processing power is a rather ridiculous prospect... We should all know better here with our Pandora experience...

Back