Nintendo's "Piracy" Stance.

My understanding is that if you try to use StreetPass features but have the WiFi kill-switch on, you'll be prompted to turn WiFi on. :p This makes sense, since I gather that StreetPass uses WiFi, after all. It is not, as far as I know, separate from the WiFi hardware, since it's a wireless feature and uses that hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that if you try to use StreetPass features but have the WiFi kill-switch on, you'll be prompted to turn WiFi on. :p This makes sense, since I gather that StreetPass uses WiFi, after all. It is not, as far as I know, separate from the WiFi hardware, since it's a wireless feature and uses that hardware.

It would make sense to me that would not be a separate piece of hardware since when flying on airplanes you're required to disable all radio signals from your electronics. The wifi kilswitch probably handles the StreetPass as well.

Anyway, in related news, I have a DS with a cycloWiz and a slot 2 flash card that I no longer want. Is it against forum rules to place a for-sale ad here? I can't find the rules anywhere.

Ok, I give up. I can't find any information on what the heck you're talking about with this "static bag" thing, but it sounds like the makings of an old wives tale. :p

It may sound like an old wives tale, but I, as far I know, think they are capable of blocking RFMs to a certain extent. I haven't tried it myself though.

I just tried it with my pandora, just for the heck of it. Didn't affect it's ability to find and connect to a WLAN. And the idea of antistatic bags (afaik) is to be *somewhat* conducting, but very little, so that static charge can't build up and that something charged with static electricity will discharge very, very slowly. Not nearly enough to affect RF.

^ Enter tinfoil case :p
That paves the way for a tinfoil hat

Then only eating canned food

Then not leaving the house

Then painting your windows black

Then buying guns

Geeze, thanks Nintendo, you really #%^& up my life!

You're confusing "3DS launch" for "zombie apocalypse".

Aren't they one and the same? Doesn't everyone know by now that the 3D displays they're using turn you into a zombie if you stare into it for too long? :masspanic:

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaammmes....

day110-zombielink1-372x600.jpg

How come every time I say something that's sig-worthy, nobody bothers to stick it in their signature for all to see?

No, Mr. Protoman. I expect you to die.

bpgold.jpg

How come every time I say something that's sig-worthy, nobody bothers to stick it in their signature for all to see?
I do, actually.

I'm just waiting for you to say something signature-worthy first.

The tactics described in Max Brook's "The Zombie Survival Guide" can be applied to masses of former 3DS users, hypnotized into insanity due to excessive usage of this new, unfamiliar technology.

I do, actually.

I'm just waiting for you to say something signature-worthy first.

The tactics described in Max Brook's "The Zombie Survival Guide" can be applied to masses of former 3DS users, hypnotized into insanity due to excessive usage of this new, unfamiliar technology.

Not sure if that counts...

Fine, then. How about this;

Simple math proves that the 3DS will be the end of the world in 2012. 1+2=3, 2+1=3, 1+2=3. And the fact that this calculation can be made three times? One could also argue that "DS" stands for "Death to Snails" (with snails, often looked down upon as inferior, referring to humans). Might 2012 be the wrath of God?

May 3, 2011 CNN Breaking News...

Police around the world are baffled at the sudden increase in street-side violence. Thousands of people have begun wandering the streets, staggering while squinting and assaulting passer-by's screaming " I can't take this anymore. Where's the slider, everything looks ugly and distorted in 3D and I can't take the headaches no more. WHERE'S THE F#@%^&* SLIDER!!!??"

Police believe the new 3DS launched by Nintendo in March and earlier in Japan the likely culprit and investigations are underway. Nintendo has refused to comment.

Back