Hardware No backlight after changing the screen

RodrigoCard

I got a replacement LCD for my Pandora months ago and just last week decided to install it...
(the old thread for reference)

Right after changing it I tought it didnt work, but it was just very dark, and the brightness settings just dont work (I bought a TV cable so I can see something and the backlight scripts are all ok).
I put the old screen again and the problem remains, so it is not a problem with the new screen.
The backlight is definitely off.

So, I broke something when changing the screen, right?
What could it be? the Cable? some other part?
Is there any quick workaround so I can finally use my pandora after months of abandonment?

It could be the cable, but more commonly it's because an inductor has fallen off the board

See here for a picture of where the coil should be, and an offer from ED to replace yours for you, for a fee.

I see...
Is there a video tutorial anywhere so I can maybe fix it myself in case it is really broken?
Anyway, I just touched this piece with a bit of force and it doesnt seem loose in any way.

On the other hand, I handled the cable a lot when trying to change the screens unsuccessfully until I finally got that. :(

Not for this part specifically, but a video for surface mount soldering by hand is probably the closest you'll get. You'll need a temperature controlled soldering iron, and a couple of blobs of flux I suspect. 15EUR is a good offer I reckon, if that is the problem, but if it's still in place and not even wobbly, it does feel more likely to me that you've mangled the cable or the LCD connector somehow. It might be testable with a multimeter (to test the cable) and a magnifying glass to inspect the connector, but I don't know off the top of my head which lines are backlight power.

15EUR is a good offer I reckon, if that is the problem

Yes I agree, I would graldy pay 20EUR for that, I dont even like to do this kind of work at all.
The problem is that I am living in Brazil, the shipping costs would be prohibitive :-/

I don't know off the top of my head which lines are backlight power.

Do you know where I can find more info about that?

Back