No real reason

Halcyon

Just some fun with a pandora on a Sunday Morning.

Figured the game makers never figured on using the dark shield in the hall of zombies and the "Unholy Red close pin" to level up familiars in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

DSC01731.jpg

This is how it starts. One closepin to automatically play the Pandora. Then we'll use Arduinos to automate more games. Soon there'll be full robot arms and eye-sensors playing. And then one day, in the near future, the Pandora team'll visit the Pandora Making Facility in Germany and realize no devices are being made because all the robots in the factory are all trying to beat Ninja Gaiden on the Pandora at the same time.

Which of course will be the most interesting chapter in "Why did production take so long?".

Lesson learned? Robots are selfish.

While it works, it is also it bit silly that this is required at all (to max the game). Pointless grinding. You might as well go play Progress Quest. Oh well, you've handled it smarter than me, I did all that manually :(

and realize no devices are being made because all the robots in the factory are all trying to beat Ninja Gaiden on the Pandora at the same time.
As if Ninja Gaiden is unbeatable.

While it works, it is also it bit silly that this is required at all (to max the game). Pointless grinding. You might as well go play Progress Quest. Oh well, you've handled it smarter than me, I did all that manually :(

and realize no devices are being made because all the robots in the factory are all trying to beat Ninja Gaiden on the Pandora at the same time.
As if Ninja Gaiden is unbeatable.
Well if anyone can do it, it'll be the robots.

Also, I wish ProgressQuest was open source, so we could make a port. That's a P-E-R-F-E-C-T game for the Pandora.

Can't check as it's blocked at my school, but Wikipedia tells me it is.
I should stop doubting you, Blue Protoman; Progress Quest source code: https://bitbucket.org/grumdrig/pq/overview

I'm not completely sure the licensing here; it was more of a 'here you go, the source!' than a 'I declare this GPL'. But if anyone wants a go at a port, it'd be funny to see this on the Pandora.

ROM Check Fail is now open source, by the way. And that was made in Python!

Can someone port this if possible? As the Pandora is already a haven for retro gaming, this tribute would be a fantastic addition! :)

Beware that it's apparently poorly coded. I have no idea how it would run. Might be worth optimizing.

Back