Note 7 : What is Samsung trying to say?

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
I mean, yeah great phone overall but they are like :
Yeah, we'll give ya 4 GB of RAM
And 2.5GB is for system.
Have fun with the rest

I mean, I have CyanogenMod installed on my brother's Note 8.0 and it gives me 1.4 GB of RAM out of 2 GB (even with all google shit installed). I don't have the money anyways, but why don't they try their best for optimization?

"Android, with all of its amazing features that should steer you away from the cursed devilware*1 known as iOS devices, requires 2.5 out of 4GB of available RAM in order to bring you to smartphone Nirvana!*2 What's that customer? You desire more available RAM because you don't close unused apps like a peasant*3?

"Introducing our Tizen operating system! By having the least amount of overhead, less so than Android*4, you can leave open uTorrent, Strava, Instagram, Angry Birds Simulator 2019, Keylogger 7200*5, and still play Pokemon GO with no slowdown! Pokemon GO get that extra RAM! Switch to Tizen today!"

1) "Devilware" is not a trademark associated with Apple Inc. or Apple Inc. products.
2) "Nirvana" is a relative term describing customer experience with the Samsung Note 7 and is henceforth not subject to release from rebirth.
3) "Peasant" is a relative term describing non-Samsung customers who do not close their apps. Our customers, who can afford Samsung products, aren't "peasants." Samsung Electronics is henceforth not subject to litigation for use of the relative term "peasant."
4) Android Open Source Project is property of Google and Open Handset Alliance and is therefore not a Samsung product. Which explains why it's so fat.
5) Keylogger 7200 is property of the United States of America Department of Homeland Security and is required by law to run at all times. Keylogger 7200 is not a Samsung product nor is Keylogger 7200 associated with Samsung. Nope. Not at all. Not us.

Same thing they've been wanting to say for years now. Stop buying Apple phones.

Same thing they've been wanting to say for years now. Stop buying Apple phones.
Well, Apple without jailbreak is not really a "smart"phone for me. It is easy to use? Nokia 3310 was also easy to use and also had much more battery life. (jk)
The thing is, I am struggling to find powerful phones rather than Samsung. Anyone wants to help me?

The thing is, I am struggling to find powerful phones rather than Samsung. Anyone wants to help me?

There's a laundry list of top-line, non-Samsung products, man.

Google Nexus 5X
Google Nexus 6P
LG G5
Meizu Pro 5
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 3
Dragonbox Pyra
Blackberry Passport
Huawei Honor 8

Just to name a handful.

What about the Fairphone and the Fairphone 2?
I have my eyes on those for a while, especcially the modular concept appeals to me besides the obvious ecological reasons.

My One+2 phone is good, did have an issue with it where I had to factory set it, but that aside, it's a nice phone, fast enough, doesn't struggle with any apps/games I use.
The One+3 is even better.
And these are fair priced

It's simple. Buy something else if you don't like it. Or go back to a t9 and use a phone as a phone if you can't deal with the device getting to know you too much.
Some of the threads over on XDA equate to "erhmahgerhd TouchWiz/Sense/etc. sucks! Make my entitled butt something different yesterday!!!1!!" Or just general hate on a UI just because. Buy a Nexus device then, or, alternatively, donate to a good developer and support the ongoing software development of older devices (or your own) to keep them out of the landfill/"recycling" despots.

Good luck buying a phone that doesn't let your operator know where you live, work and like to hang out and who you telephone.
Well, a phone without sim card? Which wouldn't really be a phone.

Well, Apple without jailbreak is not really a "smart"phone for me. It is easy to use? Nokia 3310 was also easy to use and also had much more battery life. (jk)
I own the Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G
This is not the fastest Phone but you can easily:
-buy a 3800 Mah Battery for it for Charging it 3 Times@Week
-Modificate the OS..i have Android 5 on it running..bit Buggy but for me fine
-Write Texts with the Buildin HARDWARE KEYBOARD.....yaaayyyy :)
aaand its not too expensive:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-SAMSUNG-...760322?hash=item1c6acace82:g:zT0AAOSwr7ZW8Bxi
For 1.5 GHZ Dualcore and Hardware Keyboard this is realy enjoyable :)
gsmarena_001.jpg

Back