Np22x Default.ttf And Font.bmp

Noremakk

Still Fresh
Hey all,
I just downloaded NP22X, and after 45 minutes of messing around with ROMs, files, directories, downloads, and all the other crap involved with emulation, got it to work properly with a translated version of Farland Story and Farland Story 2. However, once I tried to play a different game which is in Japanese, all my text that wasn't English disappeared.

I know the cause for this: my two text files, the ones it asked for, default.ttf and font.bmp, only contain English characters, and lack the Japanese alphabet.

My question is: does anyone have files that will work with NP22X that contain the Japanese alphabet, or know of a place where I can download said files?

Thanks for your time. ;)

Note: Also, it may be a problem with only default.ttf or only font.bmp. Not sure, but somebody else doubtlessly does.

Noremakk said:
Hey all,
I just downloaded NP22X, and after 45 minutes of messing around with ROMs, files, directories, downloads, and all the other crap involved with emulation, got it to work properly with a translated version of Farland Story and Farland Story 2. However, once I tried to play a different game which is in Japanese, all my text that wasn't English disappeared.

I know the cause for this: my two text files, the ones it asked for, default.ttf and font.bmp, only contain English characters, and lack the Japanese alphabet.

My question is: does anyone have files that will work with NP22X that contain the Japanese alphabet, or know of a place where I can download said files?

Thanks for your time. ;)

Note: Also, it may be a problem with only default.ttf or only font.bmp. Not sure, but somebody else doubtlessly does.
Can you PM to me how you configured NP to work properly. I coundnt figure out how to config it...

Last edited by a moderator:
StreaK said:
Noremakk said:
Hey all,

Thanks for your time. ;)

Can you PM to me how you configured NP to work properly. I coundnt figure out how to config it...

I didn't touch the configurations; I just popped in an english ttf file, renamed it to Default.ttf, and then found the only font bitmap that is in .bmp format that I could find, renamed it to font.bmp, stuck in Farland Story discs one and two (to the respective disc slots), and booted it up. It worked fine for me...

One thing I did notice, however, is that it takes a while to boot up. Be patient the first time you use it; leave it for two minutes and go get a snack or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back