Np22x Help!

dairugger

Still Fresh
after hours of trying to understand the instructions and looking on the net im asking the pros, does anyone know how to get NP22X running?

what i need to know is where everything should go, and what i need to get it running. i know it needs a font file, but i dont know what or where to get it. also, when i try running the file the screen goes black then returns back to the gp2x menu. i specifically want this to play popful mail.

can anyone help me??

Oh... I don't know anything about that emulator as I was hardly interested in the system itself. Why don't you just try to get it running as a CD for PC-engine or MegadriveCD? Hu6280 and Picodrive both support cd-images and run them pretty much full speed. I don't even know if Neko is fast.

geise69 said:
here's a link to the font.bmp file. just put it in the directory with np22x.gpe file.

thank you so much! does anyone know where i can find the truetype font renamed default.tt?

and i tried many ways to get popful mail to work for the pc-engine emu, i can get the game and sound fx, but no music. no matter what toc i use it just wont work. come to think of it the only game that does work is drac x. anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link for the makefont32. It basically makes the font.bmp file I gave you. For the default.ttf file you can take any true type font off of your computers fonts and just rename it to default.ttf. Haha just don't use wingdings. :) As for the pc-engine version. It's way more of a straight port from the pc98 version. Just with updated cinemas, colors and redbook audio. I like it actually better than the sega-cd version. I would wait trying to run it until Tempest gets CD support. You might not have to mess with toc files at all.

geise69 said:
Here's a link for the makefont32. It basically makes the font.bmp file I gave you. For the default.ttf file you can take any true type font off of your computers fonts and just rename it to default.ttf. Haha just don't use wingdings. :) As for the pc-engine version. It's way more of a straight port from the pc98 version. Just with updated cinemas, colors and redbook audio. I like it actually better than the sega-cd version. I would wait trying to run it until Tempest gets CD support. You might not have to mess with toc files at all.

i put those files in the directory with np22x, and i still get a black screen when launched then it returns back to the gp2x menu. i believe it have the unit clocked to 230. what am i doing wrong??

btw, i really appreciate all the help youve given!

Hmmmmm...are you using a new white f200 gp2x? It might be sound issue.

geise69 said:
Hmmmmm...are you using a new white f200 gp2x? It might be sound issue.
na, im using a gp2x-f100 that i believe is clocked to 266. is there a step by step detailed guide? too bad theres no way to get the whole directory in working order or something.

PM me your email and I'll send you my NP2x directory. If that doesn't work then I don't know what it is.

• Hi There!
  • The above mentioned Problems with NP2X are exactly the same here. I only get a dark screen, then it skips back to Gp2X Menu.
  • No matter what files i rename or paste into the NP2X folder. Plus I got the rom files, they end with tdi or something like that.
  • Do i have to configure them somehow, i mean to link them to disk 1 slot? Does the emu find them automatically?

Back