Ntfs Or Fat ?

Not NTFS - Microsoft proprietary format, needs a licence to use. FAT32 is pretty standard, and microsoft thankfully forgot to patent it, so can be read by just about anything. There are linux file systems too e.g. EXT, but I've stuck to FAT32 for maximum compatibility.

There was a discussion about this a while back, though I can't remember the link... anyway, I'm using ext2. Apparently, that may have caused some sort of issue with the Zim Personal Wiki - so perhaps FAT32 will be more problem-free (I don't really know, though).

Whatever you use, make sure you download and use the Panasonic SD formatter! It will improve the performance of your card and prevent all sorts of possible nasty things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I formatted a Kingston 4GB SD card to NTFS, and the Pandora seems to work well with it. Same story with a 500GB Western Digital My Passport harddrive.

I didn't know the Pandora recognized NTFS.

^ Out of the box it doesn't. The Community Codec Pack adds that support, so if you're planning on using NTFS, you'll need to have a card in a format that a fresh-out-of-the-box Pandora can read in order to install the pack first. :p

Back