Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

Sine Mora £1.99 on google play jst now
Superb game.

Not sure if it supports the Shield's controller though.

Just reading one comment from one person on the Play store who states that it needs Shield support
it does not and I bought it like an ass. Better on ouya.
Game keyboard willassign controls cococreekfisherman
No cazmiester you are wrong. It is not Shield controller compatible and I read it wasn't AFTER I bought it. :wacko: ...emailed company for a refund.

It can be played using the Shield touchscreen but what's the bloody point of that?

Last edited:
Think he's talking about game keyboard app, it requires root and does (mostly minus triggers) support the shield. Its not as good as native controller support but it is a quasi workaround

Last edited by a moderator:
Think he's talking about game keyboard app, it requires root and does (mostly minus triggers) support the shield. Its not as good as native controller support but it is a quasi workaround
Please tell me what you think about the SD card fiasco?...i really would like to see your opinion.

I for one am very upset. Nvidia did acknowledge to me [twice] that is is a problem they are working another update for some time this month.

Are you upset like I am?

Please tell me what you think about the SD card fiasco?...i really would like to see your opinion.

I for one am very upset. Nvidia did acknowledge to me [twice] that is is a problem they are working another update for some time this month.

Are you upset like I am?
That's why I bought 3 Shields so I can have 3x16GB of internal storage ;)

I mainly play retro games, with a bit of android gaming. I have like 5-6x 1GB games installed. So I still have room to spare on my internal, I feel its plenty. I have 3x 64GB microsd cards filled with ROMs for various systems so my hands are more than full at the moment. I am more upset with the limit of only one card slot than I am with the app2sd issue. That or the fact I can't charge when I have something in USB OTG (like a external HDD). If I were in your boat I would just use titanium backup and backup and restore your apps that way until nvidia sorts out moving the apk's additional data. I feel 5-6 games at a time is enough considering most games have cloud based saves. You can obviously fit more than that on there even if they are a couple GB each and if most android games are 100-300mb each you're talking something about like 30-100 games, its the super large games that are the problem.

Tldr, not upset at all

EDIT: and here is more insite on the problem. I still haven't found a nooby friendly guide on how to setup symbolic links. Most solutions do require root access though.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/462308-apps2sd-vs-link2sd-internal-storage-explained.html

My problem is that I do not know how to move .apk files to my sd card.

I've no clue how to root the device which apparently needs to be done to be able to put apk on sd.

I am reading about this but it seems very complicated. :unsure:

Guess I will have to wait for the update....that rhymes  :p

** I know how to find the root of the micro sd card using an sd card adapter on my imac but I do not understand where exactly to put a .apk game?**

Last edited:

Are you upset like I am?
This is just a discussion coco anyone that knows me knows i dont take things personal(unless ive had some cheap cider)PS did you get your paddle back yet?   :)   :)

Are you upset like I am?
This is just a discussion coco anyone that knows me knows i dont take things personal(unless ive had some cheap cider)PS did you get your paddle back yet?   :)   :)
Stuck in muck mate.

Second question: I read, that it needs micro sd (yuck), what is the biggest card datawise you can use with it?
Now I know, why this question was ignored, the whole storage topic seems to be a mess.

So happy with Pandora
trollface_small_normal2pl7.png

@Klumpen- it's not a mess

vanilla android was never meant to have the data partition (home) on a separate media. Just like angstrom did originally before it was fixed. I remember there being problems in the early days of the pandora where apps were still writing cache to nand. It's a similar problem.

Just give nvidia a chance to fix it and I'm sure they will.

The microsd vs full sd has been argued a bunch of times here so lets not go into that whole thing. I would have preferred user replaceable onboard storage or an additional sdcard slot (micro or full) but the current setup isn't bad, it's just not ideal. It's a matter of preference and what nvidia felt how much people would use those options and would it be worth the added cost of build and implement.

Let him be happy..ignorance is bliss.

@Klumpen- it's not a mess

vanilla android was never meant to have the data partition (home) on a separate media. Just like angstrom did originally before it was fixed. I remember there being problems in the early days of the pandora where apps were still writing cache to nand. It's a similar problem.

Just give nvidia a chance to fix it and I'm sure they will.

The microsd vs full sd has been argued a bunch of times here so lets not go into that whole thing. I would have preferred user replaceable onboard storage or an additional sdcard slot (micro or full) but the current setup isn't bad, it's just not ideal. It's a matter of preference and what nvidia felt how much people would use those options and would it be worth the added cost of build and implement.
Can you help me.?? I cannot install apk properly.

I tried APK installer but with no luck. If you do not want to I understand.

^what's the problem??

I haven't setup a symlink on android before outside of a custom rom, and even then it's just editing vold.fstab to change the name of the mount points. I would like to help, I just don't know if I would be much of one. I am looking for a easy to follow guide on setting up a symbolic link for you though.

^what's the problem??

I haven't setup a symlink on android before outside of a custom rom, and even then it's just editing vold.fstab to change the name of the mount points. I would like to help, I just don't know if I would be much of one. I am looking for a easy to follow guide on setting up a symbolic link for you though.
Thanks very much. I appreciate any effort regardless of the outcome.

The problem was I downloaded the APK installer app and I got no results.. Seemed real easy to follow. Placed the apk games on the sd card. Then I opened the APK installer and it did not recognize the files..or any files for that matter.

I am not sure if you have to extract the apk files before placing into the card. I think they include .com files after that extraction and those are the ones recognized but I am not sure.

Sure hope that update comes soon.

Last edited:
Last edited:
was it this one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.graphilos.apkinst&hl=en

if so = garbage

this is what you need, but I haven't found a good guide on how to use it, but you will need root for it to work correctly

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=en

complicated, could break stuff, it would be in your best intention to wait IMO
Thanks so much...this really helped me. I owe you  ;)

root root root...
Send him a fish  :D

Back