Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

just forgotten, not ignored, was out of town over the weekend for holiday. I'll start looking for a 144 romset tonight

There was something in the last update that kills wifi in the 2.5ghz kernel when used with the latest system image so I'm staying away from it until the kernel is recompiled from the latest source.

EDIT: thanks to cazmiester I got the FBA thing *mostly* figured out. PGM games are being a pain for whatever reason. I got enough to do a short video.

If anyone has any more specific game requests for Final Burn Alpha let me know the exact game name and version you want me to try

I figure I got about 5 hours before I get the recording in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool maybe some sh2 games like dragon blaze space bomber and strikers 1945 2 & 3 i left a note to Barryharris at the fba site to see if it is an issue with aFBA for PGM games as they work fine on the pc version might just need renaming we'll see anyway nice work SNESFAN good vid 

Excellent Video SNESFAN, your making my wait even harder :lol:

Sadly, my Pandora is currently on the injured list, as I think my LCD cable is going bad. So I can't get my Compo4All fix, and I'm still not sure when I'm going to get my Shield, so my classic gaming needs are on hold. These video's are moving me closer and closer to hitting that order button though. I can't wait, the Shield is really starting to look like the end all and be all for handheld gaming(at least classic gaming).

Chris

Next video project is going to be some dosbox turbo, and scummvm. There are some limitations in the software interface I want to address however and you'll get a good idea what I'm talking about if I show it off.

I don't foresee myself having enough time to figure it out, but I want to try and get one of the apps based off qemu working as well.

Next video project is going to be some dosbox turbo, and scummvm. There are some limitations in the software interface I want to address however and you'll get a good idea what I'm talking about if I show it off.

I don't foresee myself having enough time to figure it out, but I want to try and get one of the apps based off qemu working as well.
I really appreciate those vids man. ;)

ScummVM would be killer. I'm really looking forward to playing the classics on Shield. 

When you talk about limitations, is that in regards to dosbox turbo or scummvm, or both?

Chris

Yeah nice vid. Great to see some top looking shmups on it.

ScummVM would be killer. I'm really looking forward to playing the classics on Shield. 

When you talk about limitations, is that in regards to dosbox turbo or scummvm, or both?

Chris
Its just the accuracy of the touch input / mouse on those, its not a shield specific problem though. You'll see.

Chris
You don't need the Shield for ScummVM. Runs on Pandora just fine.

Note FBA can play Turbographix 16 pc engine megadrive and super fx games aswell as arcade very well i might say

Chris
You don't need the Shield for ScummVM. Runs on Pandora just fine.
Yeah it does run great on the Pandora, and the touch screen really works well, since we can use a stylus for more detailed movement and play.

Sadly my Pandora is currently broken(it works, but my screen is having issues) and I have no idea when I will be able to get it fixed, as the parts I need are currently out of stock. I'll probably buy a Shield before I'm able to get my Pandora fixed. Shield also has a better display with way better speakers, so unless the touch screen is a real deal breaker, I'm sure ScummVM should be a much better experience here than on the Pandora, but time will tell.

Chris

The Shield really is a great gizmo...just needs a bit more time to polish the silver a bit more.

Only been a couple months yes?

Back