Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

i tried retroarch on my shield i can never get the controls configured even is says auto configure it dont.

which emulator core you using? Might want to clear data and try agian. I've had zero issues with retroarch and controls

Last edited by a moderator:
themaister = squarepusher? I thought they were different people

EDIT:

Didn't catch it, opps

Daniel De Matteis = squarepusher... interviewee

Hans-Kristian Arntzen = themaister .... was just in the history

Can anyone help me to get  Return to Castle Wolfenstein working i have the files in the wright place but it keeps going back to home screen any ideas
This is how mine is setup and works.  I have a MicroSD card in the Shield.  I made a folder rtcw4a at the root of the drive. I copied the folder named "Main" from my PC install of Return of Castle Wolfenstein into that folder.  In the rtcw4a program on the Shield I put in /storage/sdcard1/rtcw4a into the directory field.  

which emulator core you using? Might want to clear data and try agian. I've had zero issues with retroarch and controls
How can you save Shaders settings in RetroArch on the Shield,  say, PCSX-ReArmed?  The Shader that gets saved is the first shader when you first start up RetroArch.  However when PCSX-ReArmed core is running, I press Start bring up the in game core option and change the shader pass to say 3 with each having a different shader.  I then quit PCSX-ReArmed, or quit RetroArch and restart PCSX-ReArmed, all shader settings are gone.  I have to redo this every time.  Do you how to save these in RetroArch?

I brought this exact issue up with squarepusher and he completely dismissed this as a problem. The "retro" style menu is what is called the "rgui" (pressing start/play) and settings done in that menu are per session. You can play around and find what you want and play around with settings and whatnot, but the settings don't stick.

The "main menu" or java style menu (ie the one that opens when you open the program) has the same shader options etc and when you make changes there.... those settings are global and will save over multiple sessions.

Apparently a feature in the next or a future version will allow for per game settings when made in the "rgui" menu system.

I find it to be counter-intuitive and confusing, but that's how it works. I've asked for him to change it, and he was quite pointed on doing no such thing.

hope that helps.

Oh thanks! It sure helps. Glad to see next version will enable shader saving. The Java GUI now only allow one shader pass. The shield is a beast and I normally have 3 shaders on with no problem. I usually like to use anti aliasing for the first, hq2x for the second, and then sprinkle some scan lines,lcd, or crt gagalari for the third :) . All games I've played so far looked awesome like that :)

Thanks again.

Anyone can share the best setting for doom3

Resolution of 320 x 180 gets you some pretty fluid framerates with lighting and nv textures enabled.

Has somebody downloaded it? The description on NVidia's developer site sounds like it's mostly an archive of the root file system. It doesn't specify what sources it includes.

Back