Obd2 Utility

paolo

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm developing an obd application on psp to connect to whatever car and play the geek, I casually got into these pages and noticed this handheld device. On official site they wrote that will be available for purchase by preorder in august 2k8 (within a couple of days!).
I really must test this thing, looks like it rocks! And.. If this device got bluetooth, I can drop my self-made obd serial cable since some shops on the net sell obd connectors bluetooth based, so no wires over your cars instruments! is it possible to order this "pandora" for real? Where? Thanks for any help.

is it possible to order this "pandora" for real?

Now? No, because:
On official site they wrote that will be available for purchase by preorder in august 2k8

That is still 1-2 months away.

There is a similar project on the Maemo platform called 'Carman.' It uses bluetooth to connect to a car (you need the bluetooth ODB-II adapter). Carman may be able to be ported, but INDT would need to do that, since I don't think they release the source for their apps.

Link to Carman for Maemo:
http://openbossa.indt.org/carman/

Indt state on the website that carman is licenced as lgpl. That would make it available and pretty much ported.

sindbad said:
Indt state on the website that carman is licenced as lgpl. That would make it available and pretty much ported.

lgpl is good for porting :D anyway I've read that shipment takes 1 month for preorders, so (1MM + 4 DD) - 1MM ... well this means nobody still knows anything regarding a website to preorder already viewable.. we've got to wait! :pandora1: super...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back