Odd networking issue with the Pandora

Stolas

Still Fresh
Hello all,

I am having an odd networking issue with my 1Ghz Pandora.

Wifi works fine, it connects to my Router and I can browse the web, join IRC even download PNDs. However I can't portscan it, I can't connect to VNC nor SSH.

I have tried iptables -L but I noticed it's not loaded so I doubt a firewall is blocking my "server activities" and I've checked with wireshark and don't see any traffic coming in.

Due to this I am VERY strongly thinking my router doesn't route the traffic due to this. But that seems odd since all the other traffic does get routed.

Anywho so I tried it the other way around. I tried SSHing to another box using the Pandora. Turned on Wireshark on the Pandora, and I don't see ANY of the ssh-traffic.

Any ideas how to fix this? I want to get remote X or something working so I can start developing for the Pandora =)

Cheers,

-- Stolas

Are you trying to connect using the hostname or ip address? I find I must use the ip address on my home network using Linux in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrmm..  I've never seen anything quite like this with the Pandora.. It just seems to work on my units even on a huge network at my work with a ton of subnets..

I'm not sure what on a router would prevent you outside of some selective filtering or something on the desktop side.

The Pandora is wide open for the most part.

All the IP's are /24 so it can't be a networking issue.

I tried to Pandora SSH to the NAS (fixed IP) and I got connection. But I can't find the non-static IP's with the Pandora, I am blaming my router.

Edit:

I just nmap'd w/ nmap -A 192.168.2.1-254 on the Pandora. And he does see all the statics for sure. But not the dynamic hosts.

Fixed: After seeing just ARP requests and no replies I noticed that the ARP Cache was damaged of my router. 

A reboot of the router did the trick, I think that this home router doesn't like it when you connect 50+ devices =)

Back