Copying files from Pandora to Pandora disconnects wifi ?! O_o

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
Ok, here a strange thing I just found, here a draw of my configuration:

HD
|
Pandora2 ))))(((( Pandora1 ))))(((( PC

First of all both the Pandora were using a Wifi dongle.

I was copying some large files throught ssh from the Pandora1 external HD to the PC, without problems.

In the meantime I started copying some files from the Pandora2 to the Pandora1 throught scp, and after a second the wifi of the P2 disconnected... tried again, another disconnection...

so I was thinking about some ssh problem...

Then I tried with Gigolo, because I have the P1-SD shared, and I was able to see the entire content of the P1, I also was able to read files, BUT when I started to copy files from there it resulted in a immediate disconnection...

So just to be sure it wasn't a router problem, I started to stream something from internet on the P2 (while the P1 and PC were still copying their stuff with wifi), and the connection was stable and fast...

After the P1 and the PC were done copying stuff, so with a "clean" network, I tried again to copy files from the P2 to P1... disconnection... and copying files from P2 to PC was working...

THEN I removed the wifi dongle from the P2 and tried copying files with it's internal wifi to the P1... WORKED O_O

Now... does anyone have an idea about what's happening here ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose that your wifi connection between machines go through a wifi router ?

yes, all devices are under the same access point/network, the drawing was to show were the devices were copying files

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-read, and saw it was indicated :/ .

Did you try to swap dongles, "swap" OPs ?

Actually It's a difficult thing to do, because the P1 has a dead display, so I don't like very much removing the dongle  :unsure: (seems time for RMA has come)

Never had problems with this configuration in 2 months, it's just the first time I copy files from one panda to another

Back