Off To Korea, Gpx2 Awaits!

Any news on the naming contest? It's the evening of the 25th in S. Korea (but I figured it might get delayed due to the sheer volume of entries submitted...)

craigix posted on Aug 22 2005 at 07:27 AM said:
i've seen the movie playback (which can be the full res on tv out), i've got all the answers to questions dev wise, i've taken loads of photos and video.

Full res, as in 640x480 (or whatever it was)? That's cool.

What about format, eg PAL/NTSC?
And what outputs does it support, eg Composite, Component, scart etc?

Please get those pics/videos up as soon as humanly possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've seen the movie playback (which can be the full res on tv out)
If its TV-out does the resolution get squashed to 320*240 and then resized to fit on the screen at a 640*480 resolution?

TandeM posted on Aug 25 2005 at 06:33 AM said:
Any news on the naming contest? It's the evening of the 25th in S. Korea (but I figured it might get delayed due to the sheer volume of entries submitted...)

Your suspicions are correct. A post on the Korean version of the GPX2 homepage seems to be saying they've had too many entries to meet the deadline...

At the moment... the GPX2 Homepage is GONE!

Are they updating it with new content and logo?

full movie output in tv mode, thats intresting! (if it was 320x240, it would be only intresting for emus) hope we see photos soon!! (and movies, ofcourse

yea, cant await some nice vids of it, and tv out is exatly what i want, when they would add lan it would be perfeckt, hopefully hey/we get unpowered usb host working.
and craigix, could you also pleas post in the therd when updateing the frontpage? you miss it easy this way.

edit: another cool thing would be if they would put all the buttons on the ext port so we could build us a controller for it and use it a a console when beeing at home/someware with a tv.

hehe that would be really awesome, but i dont think that they will do this till release. even tho i think if someone make a tutorial for connecting a SNES (or something else) controller to the ext, some emu authors will perhaps add support for it. (like for the chatboard) a tvout option just screams for that.

PS: yes its a portable system, i know that, still it would be cool to have some kind of selfmade docking station under the tv, where you can just plug your gpx2 in and then play with your friends the classics on tv, or watch a movie.

EDIT:
this is a could become a really allround machine, just imagine we get usb working, then im not missing anything. hehe the gpx2 could even become a small computer then, connect a USB keyboard and mouse + other usb devices and plug it into your tv. or use it as cheap PDA (just missing touchscreen).

moz posted on Aug 25 2005 at 01:43 PM said:
all we need now is for DaveC to piss on the parade.

This is a new forum technique, preemptive flaming <_<

Will you also visit GamePark, asking about the XGP ?

I really think the GPX2 will be a nice product, I also interrested a coder for it (he might get one if its out).
Lets put some money away.

I'm wondering, if touchscreen could be added as an ad-on... Kinda like one of those PSP screenprotectors, but with the required electronics, and connection to the ext-port... I should think the electronics would not require that much space...

Nothing new on GPX2 homepage.... ;)

TV-out will be very useful with full res video. Great for trips.

Sounding very good so far. :)

And don't be so hard on DaveC. He used to get me upset too, but then I realized something - he's NOT a bad guy at all, he's just a critic by nature. He does know his specs etc. And every scene needs at least one hard nosed critic.

Prophet posted on Aug 25 2005 at 07:56 PM said:

And don't be so hard on DaveC. He used to get me upset too, but then I realized something - he's NOT a bad guy at all, he's just a critic by nature. He does know his specs etc. And every scene needs at least one hard nosed critic.
Great for people that don't have DivX/DVD players I think.

Prophet posted on Aug 25 2005 at 07:56 PM said:

i agree, we all need to hear both sides of every argument, however i draw the line when you start getting responses with words like, 'retard' in them. Not very big and not very clever.

x68000 posted on Aug 25 2005 at 08:41 PM said:
Not very big and not very clever.

Unlike Stephen Fry who's both big and clever...

I've got high hopes for the GXP2, hopefully the pics and vids we get shown will fufil (sp?) my hopes

Back