[Off-Topic] Pandora Motivational Posters

lulzfish said:
Fzero said:
My pandora will be able to see that Flash movie, right?

Unlike this blasted iPhone that idont!
No, but with the right JavaScript hax, it should be able to let you download it or play it in MPlayer externally.
Bloody Adobe and their closed jar of magical Flash sauce.

The Pandora runs Firefox, would the plug ins for it work? If so Download manager would let you download Youtube vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video DownloadHelper is most excellent at that task - you even get the option of which format to download the video in, a lot of the time.

I'm not aware of any reason why the add-ons shouldn't work, at least. :p

Prometheus said:
Video DownloadHelper is most excellent at that task - you even get the option of which format to download the video in, a lot of the time.

I'm not aware of any reason why the add-ons shouldn't work, at least. :p

Darn that's what I meant to type, I didnt even realize I put "download manager" instead. I really need to stop multitasking so much. :lol:
Though I think you need an application to do the conversion dont you? I dont think it's completely automatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah same here I just grabbed a FLV player and said screw conversion (I know VLC can play it but it was always a bit laggy when scrubbing through the progress bar.)

I can't get VLC to watch network-streaming videos for shit, but MPlayer can do it perfectly here, so as long as the ARM port has all the right codecs, it should be fine.

You can't do the actual conversion in JavaScript, but with the right mix of bash scripts, gstreamer pipes, etc., you could probably make it work from the browser, somewhat.

If you can do a conversion, you can play the video.

I think it makes much more sense to allow the user to transcode themselves, than to automatically pipe the video to a converter.
Especially as the Pandora is not likely to be brilliant for video encoding.

And if someone was suggesting converting the video just to be able to decode it again, that is all kinds of stupid. :p

Back