Official 266mhz Cpus ?!

fargo

I just want to let you know that GPH will be shipping GP2X with CPUs clocked at 266MHz starting early 2007. That may be good for emulators, such as psg and gba.

We already randomly get the 266 versions - entire boxes and in some cases entire shiptments of them.

But GPH have no plans to move to the 266 chipset due to the extra cost of getting all guaranteed 266 boards. (they also told us it might effect current software but the move player seems to work at 266 mhz if you manually set it).

Wait, so are these the same CPUs but guaranteed to overclock to 266mhz, or something different? What's their general maximum overclock, is it much higher than before?

They are the same but clocktested by ME before they leave the factory I guess, I think PC chip makers do the same or used to do the same.

Maybe the manufacture process is now giving 100% results of 266mhz thus they don't need to sell the lower speed anymore.

hi everyone im new to gp2x forums. i dont know much about the gp2x itself as mine has not even arrived yet:S.

i will show you the email i recieved

"Please accept my apologies that you have not received an email withregard to the status of your order. We are now out of stock of GP2X 270Mhz console but can replace withthe 266MhzGP2X, with a refund of £5, or the standard GP2X and refundte difference in price. If neither option is suitable we can fullyrefund your order. There is currently a 3/5 day delay in shipping orders due to theexceptionally high demand for the GP2X. You will receive aconfirmation of shipping email on the day your order is despatched. Please accept our apologies for the delay."

looking forward to getting to know you all and the gp2x.

cheers jamie

Epicenter posted on Dec 5 2006 at 08:10 PM said:
Goddamn it, not ANOTHER one of these threads. :angry:

You seem very angry. Maybe you should start smoking pot. Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 5 2006 at 05:13 PM said:

Amazing advice. You'd make a great father.

Jackd posted on Dec 5 2006 at 09:44 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 5 2006 at 05:13 PM said:

Amazing advice. You'd make a great father.

:lol:

Back