Official Gba Whine Thread

What is the best GBA emu? and at what level are they at speed wise

......Must you ask.... Your gonna get yelled at by most of the people on this forum. You should read the gba threads before you ask this question. No Gba emulation is playable on the gp32, never will. FIRST REPLY!!

actually, its a valid question, as there are two GBA emulators on the GP32 (VBA and ShiteGBA). I have no idea which is better as I have never tried them, but know that you can count the FPS on both emu's

I always said it would be imposible....but after GBA getting full speed SNES...maybe, just maybe we'll get it without sound one day....but probably not.

PS. i dont really care as ive got a GBA SP with flash cart ;)

if one would be fast enoug to play mr driller 2 ist would be great... or is there another version that can be emulated than the gameboycolor? a higher resolution would be nice..

you can play Mr Driller for GBC using VBA or fGB. It works well. GBC emulation on GP32 is pretty good.

as for GBA emulation, I would say VBA is best, but its unplayable. Only the smaller roms (eg-MarioKart etc) work, but they are unplayably slow and probably always will be.

There may be some GBA homebrew stuff that could work decently with Chui's vba but i havent tried myself and so do not know.

Alpha2 posted on Feb 24 2004 said:
I wonder how many people have this unreleased emulator...
Everyone who really wants it and knows how the internet works. I needed about seven minuites to get it, not including download...

Last edited by a moderator:
gpba is not worth a try, vba32 runs much faster.

and if you want playable gba emulation, get yourself a xbox or a gba+flashlinker

yaustar posted on Feb 24 2004 said:
how is vba emulation of Gb/GBC compared to others?
slow
the other gb/c emus are faster
the only good thing in gpvba is the gba emulation and thats crap :)

Mosch posted on Feb 24 2004 said:
Alpha2 posted on Feb 24 2004 said:
I wonder how many people have this unreleased emulator...
Everyone who really wants it and knows how the internet works. I needed about seven minuites to get it, not including download...
Feh, I hope you found a later version than what I had a week ago because that wasnt worth the download. I think I got it from GP32spain... so I wouldnt really call it "unreleased."

The best emu is a real gba with a flash linker ...

The only slow thing there is the copying to the flash cart.

And i only have a 128 MBit one - it's too small :(

the thing about the GBA is, its a massively multiplayer experience, i mean take pokemon, you cant complete it without connecting to a friends copy and getting their 'mon, and mario kart just isnt the same without friends to play it with.
the emulator can do the games but can it reproduce those multiplayer moments?

Back