Oh Crap.

Fworg64

Who knows?
It won't let me log on to the xfce desktop... I think i got my password wrong or something during the setup, how do i restart?

EDIT:: i just got this awesome thing 5 mins ago so i coulndt have done much

Last edited by a moderator:
Reflashing firmware

Basically prepare a special SD card, put it in slot 1, and power on the Pandora while holding the R shoulder button. It'll completely refresh the internal data and let you start over.

Last edited by a moderator:
To issues possibly at play here aswell (though HF5/6 may have cured these). Passwords with special characters in them can sometimes not be repeatable (cant recall the reason) and secondly, using a username of over 8 characters can cause the Pandora button to fail to bring up the menu. Probably fixed but I thought I'd mention them.

To issues possibly at play here aswell (though HF5/6 may have cured these). Passwords with special characters in them can sometimes not be repeatable (cant recall the reason) and secondly, using a username of over 8 characters can cause the Pandora button to fail to bring up the menu. Probably fixed but I thought I'd mention them.

Some keymappings are off in the login screen for some reason. I had to reflash because of this as well (although it's very easy to reflash). The security isn't really a concern since, if someone is going to brute-force or dictionary attack your Pandy they might as well just boot from an SD of their own instead.

As mentioned by Mario, stick to 8- alphanumeric characters, and all should be well.

Choose a one-letter password! A little strange, but works for me. Also if you forget it, you'll guess it eventually!

Some keymappings are off in the login screen for some reason. I had to reflash because of this as well (although it's very easy to reflash). The security isn't really a concern since, if someone is going to brute-force or dictionary attack your Pandy they might as well just boot from an SD of their own instead.

As mentioned by Mario, stick to 8- alphanumeric characters, and all should be well.

Indeed. The very unbrickable nature of Pandora means anyone can reflash or boot their own card anyway, as long as they know what it is and where to look (the sticker). The only way around that, would be to password protect the reflashing or boot from SD:1 options and if you lose that password :blink: :lol: So its a happy compromise really and luckily all lost/stolen Pandorae have thus far been returned to their owners safely. There's hope for humanity still it seems B)

Back