Oldplay

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering, since I use it as my main MP3 player (oldplay, not the built in one). Its great in every way, except that it reads the songs non alphabetically, and I cant seem to find how it sorts the songs in a directory. If this was fixed, this would make me so happy. Now, my next question. Was the source ever released for it so I could take a look, or is the author still working on it?

Just wondering...

The source was released, and I think I have a copy somewhere. It's available from SVN, though where I can't remember.

I know the source used to be available. Unfortunately I didn't keep it :(
I'm sure someone must have it though.

The source was released, and I think I have a copy somewhere. It's available from SVN, though where I can't remember.

svn checkout svn://www.nightmode.org/oldplay
But I can't seem to be able to connect to it :(

If you still have the source please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the site is back up now guys, phew!
I like this player alot, so I also want to try and help out although i will admit the time i spend on it will be very limited.. at best.
Who else is going to take a crack at it?

And perhaps we should collect a list of bugs and feature requests?

Afaik.
Bugs:
* Lock/unlock triggers on just R if no other buttons pretty in between locking and unlocking.

Feature requests:
* Other various sound formats
* File listing alphabetically
* Seeking
* NFSe support
* And always optimizations are always appreciated, i think a few tracked formats can be slow

edit: Oh and some way to put a maximum length on forever repeating game music

Also i have some questions regarding the cpu scaling, the ".setting" file? I don't see this file anywhere, and if i'm supposed to create it, how is it supposed to be written?

My only real problem with it is the order it lists the songs. Why cant it just be alphabetical?

Can you post a pic of what your folders look like? Maybe we can figure out how it displays them from that. Does the folder listing change every time (cause then its REALLY random).

Phew i finally managed to compile a working oldplay with oopo's devkit
The buttons are mapped differently for some reason (not really a big problem though, as they are still logical) and i've fixed the bug with the key lock.

But uade and sidplay proved themself to be a real bitch to compile for oldplay, so atm i removed them. Im gonna try to update them as well, as uade was getting a bit outdated i think

Im gonna take a look at the file listing as well, should be a problem.

Agreed.

I could never figure out how to work the plugins, which sucks because I was going to add some formats. I have the libraries compiled for the GP2X if you want them.

Ah i finally managed to get both sid and uade working (goddamn libsidplay uses this automated makefile crap that took forever to sort out)

I'm gonna clean things up a bit, also work out some final issues with the alphabetical listing of files (folders and files are mixed etc.) before i release it

Ack! I wanted to update uade as well. But it's gone through some serious changes so i'm going to have to rewrite quite a bit of the plugin
I'm gonna need a day or two more to pull this one off

Uhm, sorry, school hit my like a brick in the face.
I'm desperatly trying to update uade to the latest version (which have proven to be very tricky as Sasq put his hacks and tweaks here and there in lots of files), and a few new bugs have appeared, thus making my not want to release anything yet.
( Buttons got mapped differently, not a huge problem however, and a few crashes with game music player, and a mouse pointer appeared )

If you dont care about uade, then i can put something together for you, but if listen to amiga tracked music youre better off with the old (har har) version for now.

If you would be kind to put a non uade version out I would be much appreciative of it. :)

Thanks for all your work on upgrading my favorite music player on the 2x.

Back