Omg I've Lost My Pandora!

Phew, i'm glad to report I have got my pandora back. I'd left it on a table at the chippy and the owner had picked it up but when I asked if he'd found it he replied NO sorry and just before I broke down crying he smiled and said I've put it in a draw for you. Could of kissed the guy, ok maybe not but I gave him £50 for being so honest. So this time it's a happy ending. Quite liked the idea of sticking a phone number on boot up or somewhere, just incase I lose it again. Which will NEVER happen again. Thanks for all the support guys :)

puppydee said:
Phew, i'm glad to report I have got my pandora back. I'd left it on a table at the chippy and the owner had picked it up but when I asked if he'd found it he replied NO sorry and just before I broke down crying he smiled and said I've put it in a draw for you. Could of kissed the guy, ok maybe not but I gave him £50 for being so honest. So this time it's a happy ending. Quite liked the idea of sticking a phone number on boot up or somewhere, just incase I lose it again. Which will NEVER happen again. Thanks for all the support guys :)
Glad you got it back! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
puppydee said:
Glad you got it back! :)

Ah, if i was the owner i would have keept it for meeeeeeeee!! (But im evil) :angry:

puppydee said:
ok maybe not but I gave him £50 for being so honest.
Really? Sounds like a bit much too me. I definitely wouldn't have.

Good to hear you've got your Pandora back.

<edit>Misquoted poster</edit>

Caine said:
PokeParadox said:

While £50 might seem a little much, if you flip it and he wasn't honest I would have had to wait a looong while till I could get a replacement and it would be another $349 so £50 is nothing compared with the price of buying a new one :)

puppydee said:
Caine said:
PokeParadox said:

While £50 might seem a little much, if you flip it and he wasn't honest I would have had to wait a looong while till I could get a replacement and it would be another $349 so £50 is nothing compared with the price of buying a new one :)
While you make a good point, I still woulda given him like 20 bux at most... but i'm a cheap-ass ;] TBH you're quite lucky no one else at the place swiped it before the manager saw it. I know how bad I'd be freaking out if I were in the same situation; I'm always overly careful with mine, tucking it away in odd pockets deep in my bag lest I get robbed. Hardly, if ever, take it out in public [yah yah TWSS].

Congrats tho, I'm glad you were so lucky & that there's still good samaritans out there.

I loved this little mini drama.

Happy ending too, just like it should be. B)

puppydee said:

Congrats.

-God Ginrai

If you'd lost it in the chip shop around my way they would've put it in batter and not the draw!

Glad you got it back :)

I'm happy to hear that you got your Pandora back, puppydee. Big smile on my face at the honesty on show, too. :)

so?...is that boot screen altered yet?....hmmm!, phone number watermaked onto your wallpaper? hmm?

security is like backups and safe sex, everyone knows they should, but not just now..later...maybe

any system is owned if people get physical access to it, best you can do is encrypt your personal data if you have stuff that matters on it, but any machine, Win/Linux/Unix/OSX, can be owned totaly, even devices designed to be unhackable can be cracked if the owner is determined enough, be it BlueRay, Xbox, Playstation etc.

in fact the most interesting thing about drm and digital security to me is that companies keep buying it from various snake oil salesmen, you would think they had got the idea by now, if the user can use it, it's crackable, so don't bother trying to lock it.

AWESOME so glad you got it back
as far as i can figure out, most of the people around here where i live prolly would not be able to even figure out what a pandora is without a google search. if any1 i knew found a pandora they would bring it to me and be like "wtf is this?" at which point i would say "NOTHING" and run away home with my new panda in tow!

Caine said:
PokeParadox said:

Wow... quote error... I didn't give anybody anything! O_O

It's good to know you found it, this would've been a horror story if it happened to me D:

At least this didn't happen (spoiler tag because of moderate image size):

j8zasx.jpg

I hope someone gets the reference.

Wow an honest chip shop owner, that just seems surreal ;) Glad you got it back.
As to the 3DS prototype suggestions, I was on a bus yesterday and a man was watching me playing on the Pandora, and eventually he struck up the courage to ask: "Excuse me mate, is that the new DS?" XD.

Barnaby said:
I hope someone gets the reference.

I get the reference, but you already know that :p

Back